Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

With more ES44DC's on the horizon, perhaps CN could finally kill off the SD40-2W fleet.

The executioner sure looks good though. Even compared to the "kinda new" Dash 9-44CW behind him.
Nice catch, but I don't like the 2300s. I saw a grain train the other day with an SD75I and SD40-2W. Apparently they're not all gone yet, and I hope they never entirley are.

R
I didn't mean that they're all gone yet. CN is retiring them like crazy though, meaning these new 2300's will likely add another batch of widecabs to the deadline. On the bright side they'll likely end up like the GP40-2LW's, CN retired them in huge numbers in 2000, going from ~270 to ~60 today, those that are left remain pretty strong though, some are even spotting new paint...

I hope CN does replace the SD40-2W's. Good riddance. Good units once, but tired and run down now. I dreaded every time I got an SD40-2W for power.

Media information

Category
Canadian National
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)