cn

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. H

Worst Class One Branch Line

This was scary to film.
  2. ONR 220 APCU

ONR 220 APCU

Great shortline action - former AMTRAK F40 trailing a former GO Transit commuter coach turned baggage car on former CN trackage. Freight engines leading.
  3. S

Why so much foriegn power on CN?

Lately it seems that half of the CN trains I see have at least one unit of foreign power. BNSF seems to be most popular, followed by UP and then it is a mixed bag. Today a Wisconsin Central, a couple days ago a Kansas City Southern. Other days, paint schemes I don't recognize or they went by...
  4. S

Strange cars on CN

I have seen two CN trains with all very small hopper cars. They are about half the length of a grain hopper and not as high and they have straight/flat sides. The train I saw today I am guessing was two miles long. And it had distributed power on the tail end. I didn't see the forward half of...
  5. CN 2640

CN 2640

In the golden colors of sunset CN 2640 heads south to places unknown.
  6. Bathed in Morning Light

Bathed in Morning Light

Only a day after the Winter Solstice this southbound CN train makes its way through the quiet Wisconsin countryside on a sunny but cold morning.
  7. CP 143 23-6-15

CP 143 23-6-15

8. CN 102 11-4-15

CN 102 11-4-15

Nothing special about this train - very common at this time. Friend just asked for pictures, so I edited them.
  9. New on the CN Togo Sub.

New on the CN Togo Sub.

CN 192 at Grandview, MB. with unit 5459 and 87 Well Cars at Main Street Crossing 10:47 hrs.
  10. CN PNL

CN PNL

CN 853 stopped at Grandview and spotted 4 Grain Producer Cars on the back track. Units BCOL 4614, CN 5681 with 79 hopper cars pulled out of Grandview.
  11. 2014_10_09_0367_edited-1

2014_10_09_0367_edited-1

CN 403 on the Togo Subdivision Units 2511, BCOL 4625, 4790, 5281 coming up to Dutton Siding and the P&H Elevator with 149 cars.
  12. CN 546 on Carberry Subdivision

CN 546 on Carberry Subdivision

CN 546 stopped outside of Brandon. MB. on the Carberry Sub. to pick-up the rest of the crew.
  13. WC 3018 Trailing on CN L516

WC 3018 Trailing on CN L516

One of the three WC left in paint on the CN.
  14. Jersey In Galena, IL

Jersey In Galena, IL

NS 1071 leading CN M337 westbound through the historic town in northwest Illinois.
  15. CN on Clear Cold Day

CN on Clear Cold Day

CN 852 has just passed an P&H Elevator at Dutton, MB. on the Togo Sub. with 3 units and 39 cars. The lead unit is down and 852 had to drop cars at Togo. The cold was at -25C (-13F)
  16. CN 2854 ES44AC

CN 2854 ES44AC

A new AC Locomotive on the Togo Subdivision which is the first 2800 DP Unit I have seen this Winter of 2013-14 on a 105 car train.
  17. CN 8100 Southbound @ Hester, LA

CN 8100 Southbound @ Hester, LA

Side shot of CN 8100 on its way to Memphis.
  18. CN 8100 Southbound @ Hester, LA

CN 8100 Southbound @ Hester, LA

This is CN 8100 on A419 from Geismar, LA to Memphis. I would like to point out this is formally EMDX 1206. This was caught on 1/16/14.
  19. First ES44AC on Togo Sub.

First ES44AC on Togo Sub.

CN 314 at Grandview where in the lead was 2806 ES44AC with 5730 and 113 cars. The lead unit was for West of Edmonton when they were first purchased for trains to the coast and Prince Rupert I guess they run now as far as Winnipeg?
  20. CN on Prairie North Line

CN on Prairie North Line

CN 454 at Mile 22 just East of the P&H Elevator on the Togo Sub. which is 5 miles East of Grandview, MB. with 94 cars.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)