Lincoln, NE area shots

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Seems like the last few times I have been to Lincoln, I have seen one of those. There was one down there today on an Eastbound Coal train.

Seems like the last few times I have been to Lincoln, I have seen one of those. There was one down there today on an Eastbound Coal train.

Yeah, I caught the bus successfully yesterday (finally) and drove past another crew change at the same location with another CP on the lead. Different unit though as this one was burnt up pretty bad. Interesting to see a lot of foreign power around Lincoln as of late.

I wish BNSF would repaint these units. Ugly. Also, this post is to test out new Samsung phone.

uploadfromtaptalk1398357169484.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The Creston Sub was a parking lot for WBs between Lincoln and Ashland, so I decided to make a quick stop at the wye to see what I could catch. Was literally stop and go traffic as trains would advance one block at a time, at least in the 30-45 minutes I was there. Quick edits of the photos made using the Snapseed app on my Galaxy S4.
uploadfromtaptalk1400285498335.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1400285521522.jpg

The Creston Sub was a parking lot for WBs between Lincoln and Ashland, so I decided to make a quick stop at the wye to see what I could catch. Was literally stop and go traffic as trains would advance one block at a time, at least in the 30-45 minutes I was there. Quick edits of the photos made using the Snapseed app on my Galaxy S4.
View attachment 129113
View attachment 129114

Nice photos!

BNSF= Been Nowhere Stopped Frequently

I caught a WB local sitting in the middle passing track near Waverly a little after 5 yesterday. I noticed there wasn't a lot moving.

Attachments

• DSC00345.JPG
    DSC00345.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 179
  • DSC00346.JPG
    DSC00346.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSC00348.JPG
    DSC00348.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 199
Short update. Have seen a lot of grain traffic on the UP in town this summer. BNSF stores a unit grain as well on the siding tracks a lo. Watched a UP unit grain roll in this morning right before the thunderstorms hit. A unit tanker train is holding the first siding, waiting to head north towards Wahoo and Valley. Power is already attached at the head end. All the tanks look to be brand new. Nice and shiny, especially after the rain.
ubygypu9.jpg

ve7y5y6e.jpg

Ventured away from my job for a minute to snag this shot on my phone. Low light issues with the cell phone but once I acquire a nicer camera I may frequent this spot.
dateraqu.jpg

The Lincoln area is one of my favorite spots to railfan. Lots of variety of power, and lots of trains. Nice shots!

Colin

Oh, and go big red ;)

The Lincoln area is one of my favorite spots to railfan. Lots of variety of power, and lots of trains. Nice shots!

Colin

Oh, and go big red ;)

Big Ol Red is going to get a black & gold beat down again this upcoming football season and basketball season, can't wait. Go Hawks!

Big Ol Red is going to get a black & gold beat down again this upcoming football season and basketball season, can't wait. Go Hawks!

Nebraska alum here. GBR.

Caught idling power outside the Havelock shops sometime last week. Been playing around with the photo a bit to see what I could do to it. Here's the best I thought I could do.

(July 06, 2014 1 of 1).jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back