Lincoln, NE area shots

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Awesome Power!

FYI, I uploaded a new google earth map to the Railfans of Omaha and CB Group today. I did a lot of work on the Lincoln area. I got BN, UP, CNW, CRIP, MoPac all in there. Crazy when you think Lincoln is about 99% BNSF now and most of the old ROW are bike trails.

Thanks Brad! The map you made looks awesome too! I wish at least one of those old lines was still here in Lincoln. Don't see the UP enough here in Lincoln.

Awesome shot!!

Thanks Jeff!

March 18th, 2012

Been a long time since I caught anything. With it being spring break, I was able to relax this afternoon for the first time in a while. I needed to try to get some decent shots with the Christmas gift camera anyways. These were the only good ones I got out of this afternoon, this EB coal blasting out of Lincoln. I hope you like. Any advice or suggestions will be taken and appreciated; I'm still a newbie.

What kind of camera did you get?

Nothing special, just a Nikon Coolpix L120. Still a while until I get a DSRL. Still have some learning to do anyways. I played with Lightroom 3 before posting the pics so hopefully you guys feel I did that right/okay. As I said, don't hesitate to comment on the photos as any suggestions or input would be appreciated!

Was 9983 in fresh paint? It looks really bright!

Other than the slow shutter speed, the second one looks really nice. The locomotive is not too dark and the clouds aren't blow out.

Good shots!!
Thanks Jeff!
Was 9983 in fresh paint? It looks really bright!

Other than the slow shutter speed, the second one looks really nice. The locomotive is not too dark and the clouds aren't blow out.
Yeah, I suppose I could have dimmed the first one down a little and adjusted the exposure on the second. I was hoping I could fix it a little in processing.
Nice shots nathan.
Thanks Brandon!

Good catch Jurgy, saw one of those movements in Omaha a month or so ago. Likely to be a regular occurance until the order's complete. Headed to the NY metro area as I recall.

I have no idea. Wish I knew. This photo was actually shot on my phone through a chain-link fence. I wasn't about to attempt getting any closer, lol.

There is an article in this month's trains magazine about what is on the lower level of that car.

Apparently there is a new type of "Flatbed Truck" that works like an inter-modal car. That is one of the new trailers with a load on it. They are just like a container and they are lifted off the train and put on to a waiting truck. They are use for things like pipe and steal coils that are not easily loaded in to a regular inter-modal container. Basically things that need to be loaded from overhead.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back