ac4400cw

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Juice Anyone?

Juice Anyone?

CSX train K654, aka the Juice Train, is making good time as it rolls through Sharpsburg, NC on its way to a fuel stop at Rocky Mount.
  2. Brand new powerrr...

Brand new powerrr...

I know CP is famous for running junk, seen it many times, especially the peeling 54xx SD40-2's. However this train is new-new-new. It makes the two year old leader look old, that's how new it is! Trailing the AC4400CW are two ES44's, CP 9803-8714-8725. First time seing the new GEVO's for me.
  3. CP 9803

CP 9803

CP 9803, a proud member of the AC4400CW family, leads a potash train out of town. Note the number written inside the cab on the windows. I only it looks dangerous, but the locomotive was far from me. This is just an effect of zooming in and cropping. Here's the same yard lead with a Geep...
  4. Uphill Climb

Uphill Climb

CSX AC4400CW #164 brings a train north towards Spruce Pine after a long climb through the loops.
  5. Penland

Penland

A CSX train pulls another coal train through Penland, North Carolina enroute to Spruce Pine on a typically rainy mountain day.
  6. Stopped

Stopped

This CSX train has finally made it to the top of the loops at Altapass only to find a red signal.
  7. Vance Tunnel

Vance Tunnel

CSX AC4400CW #591 brings a train south through Vance Tunnel as it approaches the loops at Altapass.
  8. A CP variation of the "Stack Manifest"

A CP variation of the "Stack Manifest"

Now I'm sure most of you have seen my many photos of CN 115, but CN 115 ain't the only train with junk up front in Saskatchewan! 2 AC4400CWs head a Westbound at Dayfoe, Saskatchewan.
  9. BNSF 5686 - AC4400CW - M.J. Scanlon

BNSF 5686 - AC4400CW - M.J. Scanlon

The late afternoon sun shines on the DPU unit (BNSF 5686) of loaded coal C JRMMHS0 32A as it crosses under the signal bridge at the CN crossing of Broadway.
  10. CP 9714 sits in Gurnee with the holiday train

CP 9714 sits in Gurnee with the holiday train

CP AC4400CW #9714, all decorated for the holiday train, sits in Gurnee.
  11. CSX burn Details

CSX burn Details

Burn, baby, burn!! Notice the stop sign.
  12. Trains in DeFuniak Springs FL.

Trains in DeFuniak Springs FL.

1 of 2 units being quiet in the center of the town.
  13. Lots of power

Lots of power

KCS #2005 leads UP #6705, 6450, KCS #2021 and #2035 through the area of double track work between Heavener and Howe. The crew has just climbed aboard for the ride to Pittsburg. And with 22,000 ponies available on an empty coal train...I don't think their will be any issue with making track speed.
  14. CP  9520

CP 9520

A Canadian Pacific AC4400CW parked in Bensenville nearby where the engine house used to be before it was razed.
  15. No more RI interchange

No more RI interchange

BNSF #5685 leads BNSF #9554 & KCS #2045 with BNSF #9897, KCS 2012 & #2005 in DPU on the rear past the old Rock Island/KCS interchange trackage at Howe, OK with the C-KCTU. The A-OK now interchanges with the KCS on the north end of this siding...though the amount of traffic moving isn't...
  16. Up 5803 AC4400CW

Up 5803 AC4400CW

up Ac unit in roseville
  17. Weston Trio

Weston Trio

3/5 trains that were waiting to head out west. CEFX 1012 with another CP AC4400CW on an intermodal, and in the backround, CP 5707, SD40-2, and a GP35 slug, CP 1127, powered by CP 3027, GP38-2. Those two were switching.
  18. Smoking!!!

Smoking!!!

Who says toaster are bad smokers? All I see is a SD90MAC smoking and an AC4400CW wondering what's going on. Seriously, both units were smoking, but the EMD made beast won the contest by far.
  19. Southern Pacific, the Way it Should Be

Southern Pacific, the Way it Should Be

SP 192 takes in the early morning light as it sits at the head of a SATX coal drag.
  20. Rugby tower

Rugby tower

Rugby tower controls the Weston/Winnipeg/Logan yards. You can see a dispatcher inside, as a trio of typical CP power - CP 6024 (SD40-2), CP 9811 (AC4400CW) & CP 9112 (SD90MAC) head from the yard to the diesel shops.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back