Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Potash special
R
CPR loves their potash trains on the PNL. Normally a 124-140 car set gets 3 AC4400CW/ES44AC engines for power. But you know they really mean service when 3 AC4400CW's are pulling 5 hoppers. That has got to be an amazing hp/tonnage ratio (especially since they're empties), and a new record for me, which I doubt will be matched anytime soon. Although it looks like the train is lost somewhere in the Prairies, this is not the case. The local is passing through U of S property, a major Saskatoon mall is hidden in the background, and the train is about to cross the river into the downtown core.
Must be time sensitive hahah. Lol i like when u put a the train will cross the river. A train cross a river in Saskatoon??? great shot

R
CalMurray, you've been here, you should know that we have a river in the city! If you do not believe, I can post a going away shot which shows the bridge a bit, it's inland, but on a curve so that you can still see it. Here's the location from the satellite. The photo was shot right in the middle where the trail crosses the railine. http://tinyurl.com/2j9v5e

Russian,

He's a Mine Turn out to Dunfermline or Cory Potash Mines. The three units leave sutherland fully robotized to be placed accordingly into the train. Sometimes, we bring emtpies out the help get another train requiring a certain amount of cars to be billed and built.

This crew will have a brakeman and will be on duty for nearly 12 hours fully building the train (including making all the joints, doubling at least five tracks together, tying all the air hoses, knocking the brakes off, brake testing 124 Loads of Potash). They will be taken home via taxi, and a relief crew will bring the train into Sutherland, where it will then receive a new crew for the painful journey down to Regina (truth be told, the train will make it as far as Nokomis if they are lucky).

PS - The Conductor will make over $600 dollars on this trip, the hogger, probably over at least $700.

Media information

Category
Canada
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back