Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Tired of buying junk on ebay? How about a set of disused railway tracks with a rich history and a dark future.

Originally this was the CP mainline between Regina and Prince Albert via Saskatoon still the most direct route (even by HWY) unless one avoids Saskatoon. CP didnt see much potential for the line, hence local businessman provided the funding, with CP agreeing to operate it. In time Canadian Northern came along and bought the line for itself. CP consequently built a Regina to Edmonton line (via Saskatoon) and had two other lines to Prince Albert (via Nipawin & Melfort), both of which no longer connect to Prince Albert.

In 1960 the city wanted to remodel downtown, which involved moving the station south and re-routing the line to Prince Albert accordingly. Consequently the old mainline became a spur used to serve local business & interchange with CP. Note the bent railhead, perhaps this is why the EOT sign is placed a couple feet before track ends.

I looked up the company on Google no such thing. The phone # traces back to Canadian Water Treatment, a magazine about water The sign itself should be for sale as its ancient looking & useless.
Ah yes, the Robin Hood extension. My aptomatrists are in the Atrium building over their in the right of the picture. This is where the Tramp jobs pull reverse moves.

CP used to go to Melfort, but I don't believe they went any further, instead they went from Humbolt up to hagen then on trackage rights came into pa through CN. I was looking at some old pics my dad had of the old RS23's shunting in the CN yards before they headed out to the mill. There's also a great pic of them outside Hagen with the old CP pulp cars...alas I was too young to remember

R
Kermit, CP went past Melfort to Gronlid, one can still see the old ROW & wye on the satellite.

Media information

Category
Track
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)