Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CN 115 Leading Detour

CN 115 Leading Detour

CN 115 out of Dauphin, MB. was first train to be detour on the Togo Sub. with 157 cars. Units CN 2288, 8857, 5506 were handling 26 hopper cars, 2 boxcars, 17 tanker cars, 6 auto racks, 106 well cars. West
  2. The Three General Electrics

The Three General Electrics

CN's primary choices- C44-9W, C40-8M, and ES44DC. It has been said that the CN ES44DCs are having engine problems...Perhapd Hunter Harrison can't understand the 'Quick start' environmental systems in the engines? I can see the CN 115 again, so it must be Spring now.
  3. CN TOFC 2008

CN TOFC 2008

Not exactly a trailer, but its close a CN box on a chassis. A lot fewer TOFC's on the mainline compared to even a couple years back
  4. Another Sunset shot

Another Sunset shot

When I started taking pictures, people whined about the lighting, so I started shooting from the other side of the bridge. Now all I get is Sunset shots! It get OLD after awhile! You can't even tell what the paint looks like on these things!! The 115 sports a pair of unCanadian locomotives.
  5. Depressing

Depressing

Something is wrong here. Why are there only 2 engines? The Toronto power shortage is becoming relevant to Saskatchewan operations. The trailing SD40-2 is IC repaint 6112, but that is no excuse for only 9 cars of mixed frieght, and half a train of baretables. I have high expectations for my 115...
  6. CN 115 with more...

CN 115 with more...

As usual, the 115 comes in as the best catch of the night. Despite the fact that every train I caught had a Dash-9 on the point that night, this one is probably the best of them. CN C44-9W 2204 leads tonight.
  7. Ordinary Day

Ordinary Day

450 has just taken the siding, and CN 115 holds the main. CN SD75I 5765 leading , CN 5527, and BCOL 4648. I always enjoy seeing the 115.
  8. Alberta bound

Alberta bound

CN 115 is over the bridge with CN 8844, 8835, and 5303 on the lead. I caught the units on return on a road trip 2-days later.
  9. CN 8843 (SD70M-2)

CN 8843 (SD70M-2)

Brand new EMD product, along with a twin, lead 115 into town. "Brand new EMD" doesn't sound right after almost a decade of new GE power and half-dead SD40-2W's on the mainline. If only these engines could make a similar comeback on the CP...
  10. Riding your Rear!

Riding your Rear!

CN 547 sneaks into the hole behind an unsuspecting 115.
  11. DPU boys

DPU boys

Although it's very said to see old units retired, you must admit the new ones look good! With CN getting serious about DPU and getting more ES44AC's, they're no longer restricted to the East Coast, starting to show up all over. Saskatoon's garbage hill is in the background. If you look...
  12. Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #4

Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #4

This is the oldest EMU in chuo line, series 115 manufactured since 1962, colour scheme is "Nagano" by JR.
  13. Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #3

Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #3

This is the oldest EMU in chuo line, series 115 manufactured since 1962, colour scheme is "Nagano" by JR.
  14. Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #2

Shin katsuragawa kyoryo, JR chuo line at torisawa #2

This is the oldest EMU in chuo line, series 115 manufactured since 1962, colour scheme is original "Yamasuka" by JNR.
  15. My first SD70M-2

My first SD70M-2

CN 8002, SD70M-2 and a Dash 9-44CW lead a typical IMS. Unlike with the ES44DC's, I haven't had as much luck catching the SD70M-2's on CN's mainline - this is my only catch so far.
  16. 115 336-0

115 336-0

Lokomotive: 115 336-0 Railroad: Deutsche Bahn Train: Unknown Location: Dlken Date: 13.08.06 Camera: Nikon D 50 Copyright by: Patrick Schadowski
  17. Yep, It's the 115

Yep, It's the 115

CN 115, W/B manifest+Stack, Toronto-Calgary, is by far my favorite train on the CN Watrous line. It comes by around 7-8 oclock, but on a good day, it can make 6 oclock. Cool power, usually SD75Is, ES44DCs, or C44-9Ws. Lots of cool junk on the front, and a nice variety of Intermodals. 115 is...
  18. More trucks

More trucks

CN ships REEMS of these things over the 115...
  19. Off to Calgary...

Off to Calgary...

There she goes. The good ol' CN 115. She should be in Calgary by late towmorrow.
  20. Yep...CN 115 had 4 engines last night..

Yep...CN 115 had 4 engines last night..

Evidence as the 2 GEVOs heading up its eastbound counterpart. When 115 has 4 units, 2 return on 114, and the other 2 stay in Calgary. Alas, I missed 115 today. Anyway, this site alone is one to behold. CN ES44DCs 2220 and 2234 head up a late 114 on its trip to Toronto. Did I mention that I...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back