Time for another video. This time our Pro Rail Member from Poland sent us some videos from his last visit to Palmer, MA. Palmer is known to be the “Used to be” #1 Hot Spot in the Northeast for train watching. Ever since CSX closed down Boston Beacon Yard, traffic has been getting very poor. Most of the freight by CSX you can see in the day. Palmer, located about 20-minutes east of the City of Springfield, MA off the Mass Turnpike has been called the "Town of Seven Railroads". Those railroads included the Boston & Albany, Central Vermont, Boston & Maine, Ware River, Central Massachusetts, Hampden, and Southern New England railroad. Today, although this medium sized town of just over 12,000 residents can’t boast about 7-railroads, there are still 4 that operate through town, and all four can be seen from Palmer Union Station, now home to the Steaming Tender Restaurant. The big game in town is CSX, who pushes around 10 trains through town during a 24-hour period. CSX operates the former Boston & Albany RR line (last used by Conrail / Penn Central). The Central Vermont line is now used by New England Central (a RailAmerica property). Mass Central is a local shortline based in Palmer, they interchange with CSX near the station. The Amtrak"s Lake Shore Limited passenger trains (# 448 & # 449, the Boston sections of # 48 & # 49) pass through Palmer, but the town does not have a station stop. The Amtrak movements are during daylight, as long as the trains are on time. Many recordings like these, you may see on our members channel: LHSBoy’ or LHSBoy Productions on YouTube All trains are listed as below:
1. CSX Q014 (North Bergen, NJ – Worcester,MA) - “Intermodal” ES44AC-H #955 ES44AH #3394 ET44AH #3380 ES44AC-H#780
2. New England Central (NECR/G&W) 603 (Monson,MA to Palmer, MA) SD40-2 #3478
3. CSX Q263 „Autoracks” (East Brookfield, MA to O’Bannon, KY) ES44AC #777 AC4400CW #357
4. New England Central (NECR/G&W) 610X (Bondsville, MA to Palmer, MA) GP38DC #3850
5. CSX Q426 (Selkirk, NY to Portland,ME – Later Pan Am SEPO) – “Mixed Manifest” ES44AH #855 ES44DC #5236 ET44AH #3458 (DPU)
6. CSX Q017 (Worcester, MA to Bedford Park, IL) – “Intermodal” ES40DC #5229 ES44AH #950
7. CSX Q264 (Rougmere Yard – Detroit, MI to East Brookfield, MA) “Autoracks” ES44AC-H #3159 AC4400CW #558
8. CSX Q022 (Now Abolished) – (DeWitt yardd – Syracuse, NY to Worcester, MA) AC4400CW #5122 ES40DC #5395
Don't forget to hit subscribe and turn on the notification bell!
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/prorailprodu...
Pro Rail Productions 2020