Recent content by POTB101

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. POTB101

Royal Gorge Scenic in the Snow

Snowy North Pole Some snowy scenes from the Holiday Trains on the Royal Gorge Scenic Railroad. We didn’t really get a ton of snow from this last storm - maybe a few inches at best. And though the high today was only 32, a fair bit melted off with the sun. Still, it was quite pretty even so.
  2. POTB101

Snowy day on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad

Snowy day on the Royal Gorge Route Railroad Yesterday was a difficult day no matter how you slice it. Our first real banger of a snow storm dumped around a foot of snow onto the region - well ahead of what I would’ve expected. Sure, that’s around what was predicted, but I have found that...
  3. POTB101

Iowa Traction, Fall 2020

Iowa Traction - Fall 2020 https://railroadforums.com/forum/index.php?media/iowa-traction-50.43110/ The color around Mason City held up pretty well to the overnight winds. And it was sunny, so we had that improvement as well. I had planned to spend the morning shooting the Iowa Traction in...
  4. Iowa Traction 50

Iowa Traction 50

Iowa Traction - Fall 2020 The color around Mason City held up pretty well to the overnight winds. And it was sunny, so we had that improvement as well. I had planned to spend the morning shooting the Iowa Traction in earnest, taking advantage of the fall colors. I had a productive day on the...
  5. Royal Gorge Route Railroad in the Canyon

Royal Gorge Route Railroad in the Canyon

Another gorgeous day in Colorado‘s Royal Gorge! Stunning photo of the Royal Gorge Route Railroad by Jody Moore.
  6. Union Pacific 1989 on the Rock and Rail Parkdale to Colorado Springs rock train

Union Pacific 1989 on the Rock and Rail Parkdale to Colorado Springs rock train

Earlier this week, I got word that Union Pacific 1989, the Rio Grande heritage unit, was working the rock train that runs between Colorado Springs and Parkdale (just out of town on the other end of our railroad) for our sister railroad, Rock and Rail. Locomotives that work this train often end...
  7. POTB101

Best of the Royal Gorge

Best of the Royal Gorge, part two: Hanging Bridge to Cañon City Carrying on with my series of photos from within the Royal Gorge in Colorado, here is RGR Eastern half of the Gorge, from Hanging Bridge (which is just below the Royal Gorge Bridge) and where the river and the rail exit the Gorge...
  8. POTB101

Best of the Royal Gorge

Best of the Royal Gorge Part One: Parkdale to Hanging Bridge A lot of photos get shared from either side of the Royal Gorge here in Colorado, but not many views are taken from inside. My job here gives me a bit of access, and it has also enabled me to find and explore some less well known...
  9. Union Pacific 1989 on the Rock and Rail Parkdale to Colorado Springs rock train

Before the activity at the Royal Gorge Route reached fever pitch, I took a moment to watch our sister railroad at work. Union Pacific 1989, the Rio Grande heritage unit, has persisted on the Parkdale to Colorado Springs rock train run by Rock and Rail, whom we share ownership of the railroad...
  10. POTB101

Before the activity at the Royal Gorge Route reached fever pitch, I took a moment to watch our sister railroad at work. Union Pacific 1989, the Rio Grande heritage unit, has persisted on the Parkdale to Colorado Springs rock train run by Rock and Rail, whom we share ownership of the railroad...
  11. POTB101

Royal Gorge Route Startup Prep

5/15/20 - As we get things ready to reopen, we’ve had a lot of work getting the train switched into a serviceable configuration for social distancing, and moving cars in and out of the shop. Yesterday, the train got a much-needed bath. And today, for the third time in a week, we had the train...
  12. POTB101

Royal Gorge Route Railroad back on track May 23

I like that. Changes in general are looking pretty good.
  13. POTB101

Royal Gorge Route Railroad back on track May 23

That's quite the photo that they included there, LOL

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back