Recent content by Mcleod

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Mcleod

CREX Working for CN

This is a photo collection of a few locomotives that come from the CREX Citirail stable, and are now working for CN. I believe that CN has received approximately 25 of these GE ES44AC engines, although, I don't know if they are leased or acquired through purchase. As of this date, I have been...
  2. Mcleod

An EMD SD40-2W exterior walk-around.

Here is CN 5329, which is one of two SD40's that are used for local switching duties in the Whitecourt, Alberta area. These engines switch for the oil-n-gas, forest product and gravel industries, bringing loaded rolling stock into a local staging yard. Larger, more modern engines will pick up...
  3. Mcleod

CN in Whitecourt, Alberta 2020

After many visits down to the McLeod River rail bridge, hoping to get a photo of a freight crossing with the sun behind me; success, at last. Being able to capture that photo really made my day!
  4. Mcleod

I dunno! Thought it was an interesting photo. The scene holds a number of railway elements.
  5. Mcleod

It's Just a Truck!

New high-rail service vehicle. Looks unused here; might not even be tooled up, yet.
  6. Mcleod

McLeod River Rail Bridge

Today, I captured an October photo of a pair of SD40's (5242+5343) entering onto the bridge: I've failed this summer to capture a full freight coming off the bridge, on a bright morning. Such a freight in this area would likely be made up of two-bay hoppers or center-beam flats, or tankers...
  7. Mcleod

Here's a weathered SD-40 that is seriously in need of paint: I suspect this unit is replacing 5326 which has been the local resident switching work-horse along with 5343 for the summer months. Perhaps 5326 has been sent to Edmonton for servicing, and 5242 is a temporary stand-in. - I don't...
  8. Mcleod

Thought I might update with a few engine photos I captured during this autumn season. First, CN 6007, an SD40-2Q, in town on September 21, 2020: CN 5628, an SD75I. October 06, 2020. CN 3904, a new ES44AC. October 14, 2020. Finally, another photo of the seemingly resident SD40-2W's...
  9. Mcleod

08-22-2020 - CN 1501 RDC test car parked on a siding, later in the afternoon. I just had to stop and capture a few photos; it's the first time I've seen such a unit come into town. CN 2562 pulled in beside the RDC while I was taking the photos. There was also the seemingly resident SD40's...
  10. Mcleod

Thank you, for the welcome, Rick. Don't worry about not knowing where Whitecourt is; it's only a small Alberta town to begin with. CN usually keeps a couple of older engines in the downtown Whitecourt yard to perform switching duties necessary for the variety of local industries. There are...
  11. Mcleod

Thought I'd drop in a share a couple of photographs I took yesterday, August 12, 2020. These are both cropped to where I like them. I've learned it's best to take locomotive and yard shots at distance, and then crop them to a workable photo. It seems to help with the bent fisheye effects that...
  12. Mcleod

June 08, 2020 Here are a few photos I took during a walk through of the small CN yard in Whitecourt. Home Hardware on the left, the CN bunkhouse on the right, and this days complement of engines parked on sidings in the middle. The two CN water tank cars were moved recently to the siding they...
  13. Mcleod

May 27, 2020 A couple of engines were sitting on the south siding in the Whitecourt yard, right beside the Home Hardware fence where I was picking up lumber on Wednesday. The event offered the opportunity to scoot into the yard and snap a few photos. That particular siding the engines were...
  14. Mcleod

head on crash

Wow! The pair in the stopped train made a run for it. I wonder if the engineer in the moving engine jumped ship before impact?!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back