Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Heading out to the north
drgw#1

Heading out to the north

Two new ARR car being pullout of of Denvers Union Sation. going to there new home
What were they doing at Denver's Union Station? They must have been taking a load of passengers north, otherwise why would they need to stop at a passenger terminal. That's going to be a long trip.

CB

Are they going to take these up on one of the passenger trains that run up to Seattle or are they going to put them on some freight and ship them to Alaska?

I believe that these were rebuilt from former SP Gallery commuter cars used in Bay Area service. The company that rebuilt them is located in Denver.

These cars are brand new build, made at Colorado Railcar in Ft. Lupton, Colorado. This company has and is making a lot of these two-deck sightseer jobs for the Alaska trains. Many of them are actually owned by and lettered for the cruise ship lines.

Dave Schaaf, Denver

Funny to find this one. The guy in the orange vest is me. I handled the move from Denver to Seattle over BNSF and MRL. Quite a trip. The cars were built new in Ft. Lupton, and were on their way to Alaska to begin service. They were being picked up by BNSF for transfer to 31st Street yard and movement via freight. Within a couple of hours, we were off and running out of Denver. It was a memorable trip. Anyhow, thanks for the memories..
Jody

Hey Thanks for the info. Jody I forget that there is a car biulder in Ft Lupton.I used to live in Brigton and worked in Greeley.Next time your in town look me up.

Most like the BNSF brought them to Denver. And Amtrak will bring them west to Seattle. Where these Cars can be put on a Boat that will take them to Alaska

The Colorado Railcar link is http://www.coloradorailcar.com

Media information

Category
Amtrak and other US Passenger Trains
Added by
drgw#1
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back