Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

BNSF "Slab" (steel slabs) Train

BNSF "Slab" (steel slabs) Train

BNSF "Slab" train At Fullerton, CA station awaiting east bound green.
Great image, I love night shots., how do we get away from light flare?
Also what are you using for a camera?

To get away from light flare on the engine I should have increased my angle. Street lights, not much you can do. Exposed for 30 seconds using a Sony DSC-F717 camera at 5 mega pixels.

Nice - all B40-8 consist!!

I would have just shut down the aperature a couple stops to eliminate the light flare and as you said - changed the angle slightly to show the rest of the train behind the lead engine.
Looks like they were stopped for coffee or something .. figures since this is the one train I want to be able to photograph - the cars are unique, and generally the engine consist is great. Maybe next time eh...

ditto that Chris... I have never seen the slab catch a red at the station. I guess that is what we get for not showing up on a Saturday, eh ??

Gordon, I like the B40-8s and the palms. Nice capture.

re: extra light:
Changing the white balance settings to match the lighting helps a smidge, then help creates a more "realistic" sky in my opinion. I don't know if it would help in this case, tho... not really lens flare, just alot of headlight (and some ambient platform lights).

Media information

Category
Western United States
Added by
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back