Upcoming College Graduation

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

maersksealand3329

Son of a Conrail fan
Hello everyone,

It has been quite a long time since I have been on here, so here is what has happened in the last few years.

I still live in Myrtle Beach, SC. Have for the last 4.5 years. I have been in school since September 2011, and now as of January 23rd, 2016, I am officially done, finished, a college graduate. I took my classes online through The Art Institute of Pittsburgh-Online Division, which allowed me to have somewhat of a life, some free time, and overall allowed me to ding deeper into railroad history. I started out as a photography major, now I am a Graphic Design Degree holder, all while taking care of my Stage IV breast cancer fighting mother (which I wear pink everyday, as I see what it does everyday). I have had a cousin that had Stage III, but she survived, and is doing great. She's going to do the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in Washington, DC April 31-May 1st, ironically May 1st is when she was diagnosed at Stage III, so that day has special meaning to me too.

This last October I had bosses that were gracious enough to allow me to wear pink the entire month (namely the custom Save A Rack shirt I had made) with the names of my mother and cousin on the back in full support of breast cancer awareness. Mind you this is all while finishing up school, and working full time, on top of taking care of my mother. Yes it was stressful at times, but somehow I have managed to not go stir crazy, even ringing the bell for The Salvation Army. I did not do it for the pay(although that was an added bonus), but to carry on the family legacy my great-grandparents Bernard and Lanita Feree started so many years before in Michigan.

I still pop in from time to time just to see what's new, and really that's about it at this point. I say that because I just keep up to date on the latest railroad happenings. The pictures I am seeing are really cool, so whoever is posting good stuff, please keep posting.

One other thing-I noticed that in past threads I have started that the pictures are not in those threads. I came here to add some of those pictures to my graduating portfolio, so I am wondering what happened to those? If I can recover those pictures, that would be great, because a lot of the NS pictures I have I am sending to Chris Toth of NSDash9.com. The ones I have are before pictures of locomotives already rebuilt, so I figure if I can send them to him-it works out.

I still contribute to Canadian Railway Observations, as most recently I sent in my before and after pictures of RJ Corman 1701. RJ Corman just bought the Carolina Southern down here and Start up date is March 1st, 2016, of which I will be covering that for CRO and likely here.

I am attending graduation in Pittsburgh, so I'll have a separate post somewhere on here about hotspots and where good pictures can be had in Pittsburgh, PA.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back