Rain, Rain. Boy do we need it. Oreapolis April 13, 2014

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I really enjoy the results of photographing in the rain. The light is different and changes constantly. It was pretty cold in the truck though. I was recording the sound of the wind and the rain and the trains hoping for some thunder. No thunder but lots of wind and rain. I had to turn the truck northwest to keep the rain out, But saw these CSX locos and some BNSF trains.

BNSF4891_041314.jpg Eastbound Manifest

BNSF6354_041314.jpg Eastbound Coal

CSX92_041314.jpg Eastbound Coal DPU passing stopped westbound CSX

BNSF2304_031314.jpg Northbound at La Platte NE

Passing shot of the westbound CSX that had to go slowly west because of a problem with the crossing signal at Beach Road and he had to wait for the northbound local to cross in front. And a big THANK YOU to Bob for fixing the multiple upload. Tom Z

CSX5437_041314.jpg CSX Westbound Intermodal

UP6897_041314.jpg UP Nebraska City Coal train. Southbound at Wilson(concrete) waiting for a northbound on the Falls City Sub

Thought I better throw in some shots of the Kelloggs Local from this morning. Woke to a half inch of snow on everything. And course it rained before that, so there is ice under the snow. That's Nebraska!

UP500_041414.jpg

UP509_041414.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back