Preserve Burlington Northern EMD F45 Locomotive

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bob

Forum Host
Staff member
Posted on another site by Chris Fussell. He's got a lot of money to raise, and not much time to do it. If you're not familiar with the name, let me say that Chris has already saved two other diesel locomotive, an Amtrak F40 and the Maersk SDF40-2. So this isn't some kid with a crazy idea, he understands what it takes and what needs to be done. He also has some other people who work with him and understand the business. For example, some fellow named Doyle McCormack. :)

BN F45 fans,
After making some phone calls, I've set up a crowd-source fundraiser to save BN 6644 / MRL 390 F45 locomotive from scrap. The catch: $75,000 needs to be raised by Monday 5/26. The objective here is to raise funds to purchase the F45 locomotive and save from scrap. Dynamic Rail Preservation Inc. (DynaRail) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization, so donations to the cause are tax deductible. Due to the short notice of this opportunity, a destination for the locomotive is yet to be determined. The goal is to repaint the unit back into its former BN Cascade Green glory (which a portion of the funding goal will cover, including transportation costs).

If funding does not meet its 5/26 goal, funds raised will go towards the reconfiguration of DynaRail's SDP40F 644's nose and its Phase I "Pointless Arrow" paint scheme.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/preserve-burlington-northern-emd-f45-locomotive

http://dynarail.org/projects/bn6644.html

I hope this effort will give this second-to-last F45 built an opportunity at being preserved. If you have questions or ideas, contact us at http://dynarail.org/contactus.htm

-Chris F

(I have no involvement in this, just passing it on...)

Interesting. I see the goal of $75,000.00 to purchase, relocate, and repaint the loco. I think I would be most concerned with just getting the purchase and relocate done before I focused on paint. There is good money in scrapping locomotives. Many have been and will be lost forever.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back