Out and About in Nebraska July 31, 2016

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I went the way less traveled today. Along the old Missouri Pacific from Union Ne to Lincoln Ne. There were some GATX locos at Union along with the caboose on display. At Nehawka was this MP horse car. I have a picture of one in MP blue that I took back in the 70's. I'll post it again. After Weeping Water it is all a bike trail. Then over to road always traveled at Ashland NE. Caught 2 trains there, one from the Sioux City line and one going onto the Sioux City line. That is unusual.

GMTX  2295_Union_073116.jpg GMTX at Union

MoPac Hack_073116.jpg Display Caboose at Union

MoPac Horse Car_073116.jpg Horse Car at Nehawka

BNSF 254_073116.jpg BNSF 254 at Ashland

At the north end of Ashland is a large dirt/gravel area that is used by truckers and railfans. Along the fence by the tracks is a nice jungle of native and non-native plants. If you didn't know the second shot was DPU's, it would look like a train turning on to the eastbound main. Now that would be unusual.

BNSF 6843_073116.jpg

BNSF 7052_073116.jpg

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back