Mother's Day May 8, 2016

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
I visited with my mom in the morning and took a ride in the afternoon. Moving trains were few, much like back in the 1970's. There was 1 empty coal moving west at Oreapolis but it was windy and smoky from the fires in Canada and Northern Minn. I tried the 600mm lens there but it was to shaky. I stopped at Mynard and Murray on the Missouri Pacific. I took a picture looking north just to see if I could find a dip in track Ala E.M. Bell. Not as impressive as his neck of the woods.

Mynard_050816.jpg
Mynard, NE Looking North. Note that 1/4 mile post looks close.

South Murray_050816 .jpg
Murray, If you are afraid of heights that your signal.

Murray_050816.jpg
Murray looking north under the hwy bridge

CREX 1204_050816.jpg
CREX on the BNSF Bayard line ready to go sometime.

KCS in the BNSF Council Bluffs yard. There is a lot of changes in store for the Council Bluffs railroad scene. I noticed some digging under the interstate highway bridge that crosses over the old CGW ROW. And a lot of piles of ballast here and there. More on that as it progresses.

KCS 4723_050816.jpg
KCS

Herzog_050816.jpg
Don't know what it does but it has a bunch of parts.

Thanks Crow. They are probably getting close to laying all the new rail on the south end. Looks there will be a wye and some connections to the south. Hopefully Brad can afford a helicopter ride and get some new pics of the changes. When I was in Falls City Ne a couple of months ago Herzog had a bunch of hoppers and other equipment in the MP/UP yard, but I wasn't in the mood to walk up on the Hwy bridge to shoot pictures. It was cold and windy. Tom

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back