It's Summer in Nebraska July 10,2016

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
It was 91 degrees with a wind chill of 87. There were a couple of trains moving around in Council Bluffs, IA. The BNSF Bayard train was picked up in the ex-Milw yard by 6 locomotives and hauled over the river and down into Gibson Yard. Notable for the 2 cabooses (uh, shoving platforms). In the IAIS yard was the GRW Coil Car. First one I have seen this the large cover. The IAIS big locos were in the yard but not moving and not in camera range. The UP train was charging the air, getting ready to go to the main yard down the 12th line. I took video of the Bayard but forgot to turn off the auto focus and the camera did not care for sitting in the sun for 20 minutes. I am still learning the video side of the hobby.

BNSF8034_071016.jpg

BN Cabeese_071016.jpg

GRW Coil Car_071016.jpg

UP8524_071016.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The corn in the yard planted by the squirrels is knee high where I haven't mowed it. Here are 2 shots of the E units at the College World Series display. There areas to look at the equipment and the UP keeps some passenger cars there too for special lunches and meetings during the games.

UP 949_061716_v1.jpg

UP 951_061716_v1.jpg

Those UP E units are very classy. I like the warm shade of yellow they take on when the sun is low. They remind me of when I rode the City trains between St. Louis and Portland back in the late 50's-early 60's.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back