Happy New Year from Omaha

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CGW101c

CGW Fan
27 degrees, snow on the ground and blue sky. Just doesn't get better for the first day of 2016. I took the long way home from the hardware store and found a quiet holiday for the railroaders. One train of covered coal type hoppers shoving slowly into the IAIS with BNSF and NS power. The usual suspects on the BNSF side of Council Bluffs and a bunch of power quietly simmering in the BNSF Gibson Yard. Back to the small plumbing job and maybe a cool adult beverage and a bowl game. Hope the rest of the year is as pleasant as today. Tom

BNSF 2273_010116.jpeg Gibson

BN 2768_010116.jpeg Council Bluffs

New Drawf_010116.jpeg The new style dwarf, backlit (I'll go back in the morning), at the south end of Gibson

BNSF 9325_010116.jpeg At IAIS

Here are some evening artsy shots from today at the north end of Council Bluffs on the UP at a crossing they call Beno's. Down in the right corner of the searchlight pic, you'll notice the lights of a CN train slowly moving south. I didn't see it until after I took the picture. I tried the CN train but the camera was set on shutter preferred and the headlights put the f-stop at 22. Too Dark. Tom

UP 5002_010216_v2.jpeg The 5002 NB slowly accelerating at Beno's

CNW Searchlight Benos_010216_v3.jpeg Looking north. Those are the same signals from the CNW days

CNW Crossing Silouette_010216_v2.jpeg Looking west toward the CN ex IC road crossing.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back