Giving Chase On The Hanover Sub - 24 May 16

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

VirginiaSouthern

Good Morning, Railroad Forums. I used to be a member here way back when, but I think my account was tanked due to inactivity.

Yesterday, I took advantage of the beautiful weather to explore some more of my new home in western Maryland. I hadn't planned to shoot trains yesterday, but after unexpectedly catching CSX B702 working the Maryland Midland interchange at Highfield, my plans changed. I chased the train from Highfield back to Hagerstown.

Click on the thumbnails for larger images.

First we have the train working the interchange at Highfield. Power was a GP40-2/slug combo and another GP40-2.
27243157625_310362a9ca_n.jpg 27243156905_433fa0190b_n.jpg

Rolling across the bridge over Pen Mar Dr. on its way out of Highfield.
26637547503_8228df0ccf_n.jpg

Coming down the mountain from Highfield into Smithsburg.
27243157355_dc42f51f44_n.jpg

Playing peekaboo in Chewsville.
26637547213_d9d02381f6_n.jpg

And finally...chugging through Hagerstown.
26637546703_85e5f7ab35_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back