[FR] Tram+VAL Tour de France 2: Valenciennes+Rouen

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

kcp

Bonjour,

Part two of my Tour de France report is a compilation of pictures of two trips that I made while staying in Lille: I went to Rouen and Valciennes.

Valenciennes

Valenciennes is just a 45min train ride away from Lille

The tram network consists of two lines. Both lines start at the same station and part ways after passing through downtown. I did not like the paint job of the trams that mich. I was a bit too boring for my taste. Your take on the colour?

t_ext40sgg.jpg

t_ext238spp.jpg

t_proce_depot_waast2gshc.jpg

On the inside, they looked a bit better

t_intvwsui.jpg

Classic motif in Frensh cities: Tram in a roundabout (taken next to "Nungesser" station)

t_nangesserhmsi3.jpg

A bridge near "Anzin Hotel de Ville" offered a nice view from above

t_anzin_hdv7ksnp.jpg

t_anzin_hdv2iksgn.jpg

The tracks surrounding "Chemin Vert" ("green way") literally match the stations name.

t_chemvert2mls3n.jpg

t_chemvert3m3sqm.jpg

t_chemvertf9sx5.jpg

Bridge "Pont Jacob" spans over the tracks of the rail station and the Schelde river

t_pont_jacob9sskt.jpg

Impressions from Valenciennes railway station

gareaostt.jpg

gare2flssf.jpg

An architectural marvel: The town hall

hdvc3slg.jpg

Rouen

The trip to Rouen took a bit longer: 3 hours both ways. For the outbound trip I used a direct TER. For the return I had to use Intercité and TGV services via Paris

As some stations are below the surface, the tram is called "Métro" (I will stick to tram ;-)). A tram at the stop below the railway station.

x3r3ph4.jpg

Just one word: "Vertigo":

m_pdj5tztb.jpg

The tram network has two lines (both named "M"). Both start at "Boulingrin". I will hop on this train heading to downtown in a few minutes.

m_terminus_boulingrinj8ygk.jpg

m_terminus_boulingrintyxj9.jpg

Mixed tram impressions (as I cannot decipher my own hand writing, I cannot tell anymore where I took the pictures).

m_st_julienhsl0e.jpg

m_jnsoui2alp.jpg

Trams passing the Seine river

x2yqppj.jpg

m_pont2kxz51.jpg

m_pontoqa3l.jpg

The Seine without trams is nice too ;-)

x1joqeh.jpg

A look into a tram

m_int7ebmz.jpg

The no-frills station design

m_arretthldf.jpg

The cathedrals sticks out from the rest of the buildings

tour_cathehz6a.jpg

The facade was quite impressive

cath_extj7zu1.jpg

Want to refurbish your staircase and need some ideas? How about this?

cath_escaliersvnya4.jpg

Church St. Ouen was nice to look at too.

st_ouendpzt8.jpg

The clock tower ("Le Gros Horloge")

horlogex0z58.jpg

Outside view of Rouen railway station. On the inside there were some nice murals on the wall

gare279lso.jpg

A TER leaves the station

garegaxwv.jpg

These two trips ended may stay in Lille, I packed my stuff and hopped on a train heading south.

Salut
Charly

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back