Elkhart, IN & why a passport to cross into Canada

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

johnny jr.

New Member
Just like the title said. Why does CP railroad require one to have a passport to cross into Canada, from Elkhart, IN? It looks like Elkhart is far enough from Border, not to need one?:confused:
All US citizens need a passport to cross into Canada and get back into the US. Those of us who live in a border state can get an enhanced drivers license which will substitute for a passport to enter Canada and return to the US.

As a CP employee, would you be subject to transfer to Canada or to another route that runs trains into Canada?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)