Amtrak Southwest Chiefs Meet in Bernalillo, NM!

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Yard Limit

It's a very rare occurrence when Amtrak 3 and 4 meet in Bernalillo, New Mexico. Amtrak 4 has to be about 3 hours late and Amtrak 3 has to be on time. On August 10, 2018 I was monitoring the progress of both trains and realized that Amtrak 4 would be delayed at CP Hahn by a southbound Railrunner Commuter train which would probably mean that it would meet Amtrak 3 in Bernalillo.
I loaded up the cameras, Sydney and Diana, and we made the short drive to the downtown Bernalillo Railrunner station. From the chatter on the radio I knew my hunch was going to pay off. Amtrak 3 cleared CP Madrid and Amtrak 4 cleared CP Hahn and they had an almost perfect meet in Bernalillo.
Thanks to the crew of 3 for the great horn action and waves!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back