Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. The Classics

The Classics

Old 40s 9531 and 5354 are in charge today.
  2. Later still...

Later still...

It's not as strange as 2 GMD1s pulling an SD75, but apparently the GMD1s aren't finished their tour of duty on the CN 520. CN 1410 leads today.
  3. Passing the torch

Passing the torch

Once again 520 is short on power, hence the tramp power leading. Still no ditchlights, three zebras look right though. The GP38-2s trailing have the dubious distinction of wiping the GMD1 herd off the roster, as the preferred power of choice on the branchline. Nearly every Prairie branchline is...
  4. Modern branchline

Modern branchline

As late as 1999 6-axle GMD1s still roamed the Prairies. Since then much of the trackage has been ripped up, 6-axle trucks exchanged for B-Bs and units limited to yard service Yeah right! Two GMD1us of 1959 vintage lead a newer GMD offering, 1999 SD75I. Theres a 40-year technological gap in...
  5. Hostile railfan

Hostile railfan

It is not unusual for the Clavet wayfreight to bring the resident railfan out. No its not me, Elijah or the visiting fan reading Branchline in his car. Last winter one of these guys tripped the Derailment Alarm ~MP 190 Watrous sub, causing at least half an hour worth of delays on the mainline...
  6. Second Hand News

Second Hand News

Let me down in the tall grass. The 520 is what ultimatley got me out of the house that day. The 107 was right behind him.
  7. So Very Alone

So Very Alone

This NAHX is the only one of it's kind in an otherwise solid block block of CN 388000 bathtubs.
  8. Home from work

Home from work

CN 520 apparently didn't have anything to bring back from Clavet, so he ran to the yard light. CN 4703 was on the point, with 4796 and 4782. And yet, no caboose!
  9. CN 4796

CN 4796

Freshly painted GP38-2W leads a trio of GP38-2's home on a wayfreight. Don't be fooled by the rosy picture, I've cropped out 4703's primer color cab for a reason. 4:09pm CN 520 (W/B) 1 minute CN 4796-4782-4703 9 hoppers/11 tankers/34 hoppers

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back