Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Deep Woods

Deep Woods

Having met the 302 and 198, CN 357 comes out of hiding and heads to the yards. IC SD40-2R 6050 helps out.
  2. I've said it before and I'll say it again

I've said it before and I'll say it again

8800 SD70M-2s are as common as the wheat out here now.
  3. Sunny side up

Sunny side up

CN 357 gleams in the sunlight of a late day.
  4. What the?

What the?

CN 357 has a hidden payload of Intermodal traffic tacked on the end. Too many baretables on 111, I guess.
  5. Almost the last...

Almost the last...

CN 2452 is the second-last Dash-8 for the CN, the last being 2454. Built most likley in December of 1992, this locomotive is practially the exact same age as myself. Here we see it hulking the 357.
  6. Follow the bird

Follow the bird

December 18th, 2007 MP 189 CN Watrous sub 12:24pm CN 357, 122 cars CN 2447-GT 6227 107 center-beams/13 tankers/2 autoracks When I turned on the scanner this morning, 357 was the first train I heard. Naturally I was sure I'd miss it, but a couple hours later he was still sitting in the...
  7. I go blind

I go blind

4:10pm CN 357, 94 cars CN 5682-5541-5433 (CN-zebra-zebra) 91 center-beams/3 autoracks One of those draper's better be dead, as all the other trains I've seen on CN lately had two engines, yet this lumber empties gets a trio of pretty good power.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)