Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. K

Arkansas & Missouri SD70ACE's and passenger cars!

The car appears to be a flat car with seating installed and some the short roof sections you mentioned. It looks like open air car that would be used on tourist oriented lines. I'm not too familiar with A&M's tourist train operations, but suspect that the car is used in that operation most of...
  2. K

It's my understanding that most, or all of the Alcos are still in service. I did on one occasion see an Alco operating on the Monett Turn with two of the SD70ACE's. Unfortunately I didn't have a camera to grab a photo. I've been told that the Alcos are doing switching chores and handling...
  3. K

Caught the Arkansas & Missouri in town on 4/16/14 and noticed passenger cars in the train. I spoke with a crewman and he advised that company officials were on board along with customers, etc. They were doing an inspection and picking up freight from BNSF. The photo was taken on the A&M at...
  4. Winter in the Ozarks

Winter in the Ozarks

Photo was taken one day when Old Man Winter decided to pay a call on the Ozarks.
  5. Winter in the Ozarks

Winter in the Ozarks

Photo was taken one day when Old Man Winter decided to pay a call on the Ozarks.
  6. Sunset

Sunset

Photo taken on the BNSF at Monett, MO.
  7. Sunset

Sunset

Photo taken on the BNSF at Monett, MO.
  8. Winter visits the Ozarks

Winter visits the Ozarks

BNSF #8090 west works its way through falling snow near Monett, MO.
  9. Heading west

Heading west

A westbound BNSF freight rounds a curve near Springfield, MO on BNSF's Cuba Sub.
  10. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Smoooth'

I like the photo. It has some nice color in it. Railroad photos don't always have to have a train in them to be good.
  11. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'KCS 754 - Haslet TX 12-19-2004'

Good catch! It's very nice to see a unit still in the white scheme. The gray scheme is attractive, but my personal favorite is still the white scheme.
  12. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Into the great nothingness'

Another great job. That's a very nice photo. You do good work.
  13. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Foggy night in Tehachapi'

Very nice. You did a great job.
  14. Approach

Approach

An approach indication is displayed for an eastbound train on the BNSF at Crossover M at Monett, MO.
  15. Crew change

Crew change

A Kansas City Southern crew prepares to board a southbound BNSF / KCS unit coal train at the yard in Pittsburg, KS.
  16. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Blinding Blizzard at Rollins'

Great work! Very nice photo. I'm ready to load up and head to Colorado.
  17. South Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad

South Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad

This photo was taken on the South Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad. The train is Pittsburg turn which operates between Columbus, KS and Pittsburg, KS. The train is shown passing the depot at Carona, KS with a pair of SW1500's in the lead. The photo was reposted after apparently having been lost...
  18. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Fall Splender in Missouri'

Great photo. One question though. Did you climb a tree to get that photo? Couldn't help but wonder due to the foliage in the left corner of the photo.
  19. BNSF at Turners Station

BNSF at Turners Station

A westbound BNSF freight is shown passing Turners Station, MO. The train is enroute from Memphis, TN to Springfield, MO. This is BNSF's Thayer Subdivision. The photo shows a colorful train on a beautiful fall day.
  20. K

Comment by 'Kermit' in media 'Annada Coal Train'

Very nice photo. I like it!!!

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back