Recent content by weekendrailroader

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. weekendrailroader

Arlington, WA NP Depot

Hello all, it's been awhile since I've posted. I was wondering if anyone knows where the old Northern Pacific Railway Depot from Arlington, WA is located. I recall reading that it had been moved offsite to private property a number of years ago (2005, perhaps?). I live in the Arlington area...
  2. weekendrailroader

Everett's Bumblebee Special May Roll Again...

Latest development in the ongoing saga of the miniature http://www.heraldnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?aid=/20150520/NEWS01/150529957&template=MobileArt Previous threads on this operation...
  3. weekendrailroader

Diamond that is a little higher than other is???

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/330739_3483793662281_1610381170_o.jpg I don't know if this link will work, but if it does, here's a photo of that flange bearing frog.
  4. weekendrailroader

Diamond that is a little higher than other is???

If I remember correctly, at Disney California Adventure theme park, the frogs for the passing tracks on the Red Car Trolley use this same flange - bearing technology. Might be worth a look if you happen to visit.
  5. weekendrailroader

Northwest Spokane: street industrial tracks history/photos?

There is an article on the railroads of Spokane in a 1950's issue of Railroad Magazine (there is a picture of a red Inland Empire Electric car on the cover of the issue). IIRC, it was the July 1956 issue. I have that issue in my collection at home. Perhaps there's some photos of what you're...
  6. weekendrailroader

Coast Guard sends 6 ALCo's to rescue Antarctic ships

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=polar%20star%20icebreaker&sm=3 There's a couple videos on Youtube of this very ship in action.
  7. weekendrailroader

Park Train Grade Crossing Incident

Just in case this hasn't been posted here already: Try explaining this to the insurance company. :eek: (Mods, if this has already been posted, feel free to remove).
  8. weekendrailroader

Comment by 'weekendrailroader' in media 'Spirit of St. Louis'

And how I miss her up here in the Seattle area.
  9. weekendrailroader

Comment by 'weekendrailroader' in media 'Spirit of St. Louis'

This locomotive actually used to pull the Spirit of Washington Dinner Train in WA State. If I recall, the "Spirit of St. Louis" was an airplane. :)
  10. IMG_yvt

IMG_yvt

11. weekendrailroader

Comment by 'weekendrailroader' in media 'Tollie's New Lettering'

Any idea why they chose black this time instead of green?
  12. weekendrailroader

Comment by 'weekendrailroader' in media 'PASINB enters Yakima Canyon'

Didn't this section of track used to belong to the Washington Central?
  13. weekendrailroader

Comment by 'weekendrailroader' in media 'img025_edited-1'

Great Photo! Love the bluish haze over everything. One question though. Are the words and numbers supposed to be backwards?
  14. Equipment at the Conservation & Restoration Center.

Equipment at the Conservation & Restoration Center.

Some old railroad equipment, including Weyerhaeuser Fairbanks-Morse #1, sits on the siding at the Northwest Railway Museum's Conservation & Restoration Center, located between Snoqualmie and North Bend, Washington.
  15. Beachside railcar

Beachside railcar

This was found on a lying on a beach on Whidbey Island, WA. The wooden frame lying at an angle seems to have four flanged wheels, as well as a small winch at one end. Several rails can also be seen lying around. I have no idea what exactly this was.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back