Recent content by Orfan

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media '5699South'

And another set just around the corner in Oakland. And SD9E's too. I try not to think about it when I go there these days.
  2. 5699South

5699South

4 AC4400's are working up the short climb between Oakland and Sutherlin, OR on July 12th headed for Roseburg.
  3. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'SP light helpers 1996'

Thanks for all the positive reviews everyone.
  4. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'Into the siding...'

Great action shot!
  5. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'BCR at Seton Lake'

Nice view! Is that the true color of the lake? Geoff
  6. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'SP light helpers 1996'

Thanks Bunkhouse, I like the sepia too, it seems to help B&W photos especially for posting on the web. Geoff
  7. SP light helpers 1996

SP light helpers 1996

An SP light helper set approaches Salt Cr. trestle near Heather, OR in March 1996
  8. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'Cottage Grove, Or.'

That sure is a classic view of the SP in Oregon. Those wigwags were everywhere. Here in Albany I can remember them at Santiam rd.,Queen Ave. and the one at Marion St. on the Mill City branch , the last one lasted all the way up until the early 90's. Now it's sure hard to imagine them with all of...
  9. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'Harrisburg Waterfront'

very nice series of photos, thanks for posting Geoff B.
  10. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'UP 8557 East'

Thanks, this is the first time I've fanned this area it is a very neat area, I was surprised at the great number of trains. I'm not sure I would race to this spot again though, as the lousy gravel road in made me wonder a couple of times if I was going to be hauling my dashboard out in the back...
  11. UP 8557 East

UP 8557 East

After a meet UP 8557 East moves quickly out of the siding at Rock Island,Idaho along the Snake River heading toward Weiser. Oregon is on the opposite bank. 6-9-03
  12. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'A BNSF Westbound Boardman Coal'

That looks like one for the living room.
  13. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'SP 3879'

Nice one. That engine is still running on the Albany & Eastern looking much the same, although the paint has seen better days.
  14. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'O&NW #4'

That must have been a great line to photograph.
  15. O

Comment by 'Orfan' in media 'SP 4303'

Sure do miss seeing these on the branchlines. Thanks for the photo.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back