Recent content by NP1232

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Ready and Waiting

Ready and Waiting

BNSF 7483 waits for it's crew just north of the Ruston Tunnel in Tacoma, WA. It looks warm out, but a north wind blows strong and the temperature hovers in the 40s. This is April?
  2. 844 and the City

844 and the City

I know that there are going to be a bazillion photos from the 2007 UP Steam trip to Seattle, but most folks seem to shy away from the urban landscape for their rail photography - especially steam. For some reason I'm drawn to it, so here's my effort from the big trip to the Northwest.
  3. Beauty and the Curve

Beauty and the Curve

Mark Miller and I waited about 40 minutes in on again, off again rain for this shot, never knowing for sure what was coming. Originally disappointed that it was just another Talgo, the shine from everything being wet gives the photo that extra 'pop'.
  4. NP1232

Comment by 'NP1232' in media 'UP 8-Pack To Go'

It's May of 1989... ditchlights weren't required in the US yet. - Keith
  5. A Bad Day

A Bad Day

These things never turn out good. After colliding with the car, it took the engineer just over a mile to bring this train to a stop. Everyone involved is affected, from the family of the victim, to the crew and their families, the emergency responders, and the investigators. In this...
  6. UP 8-Pack To Go

UP 8-Pack To Go

3 month old UP9348 leads 6 other GE C40-8s along with a lone C30-7 (2nd from the rear) Westbound on the UP mainline in NE Oregon. This photo was taken on the same afternoon as the SD60Ms at Hilgard, OR
  7. SD60Ms Lookin' For Dirt

SD60Ms Lookin' For Dirt

UP6093, UP6106 & UP6098 were all less that 5 months old when I caught them running elephant style westbound On the UP main in NE Oregon. Canon AE1, 200mm, Fujichrome 100
  8. One Chance, One Train

One Chance, One Train

The family was gathering in Bellingham for Mrs. NP1232's mom's birthday and it takes about 2 hours of riding ferrys and driving to get there. As we crossed over the BNSF Bellingham Sub just north of Burlington, the CN 5746 passed under. Because we were running on time, Mrs. NP1232 authorized a...
  9. Rolling Through Black River

Rolling Through Black River

On a overcast morning, UP3934 rolls northbound through Black River Junction
  10. Rolling Through Black River

Rolling Through Black River

On a overcast morning, UP3934 rolls northbound through Black River Junction
  11. Meet at 'D' Street

Meet at 'D' Street

BNSF 2263 & 4887 roll past each other at Tacoma's D Street.
  12. Meet at 'D' Street

Meet at 'D' Street

BNSF 2263 & 4887 roll past each other at Tacoma's D Street.
  13. Through the Detector

Through the Detector

Eastbound general freight charges through the high/wide detector at East Auburn.
  14. Through the Detector

Through the Detector

Eastbound general freight charges through the high/wide detector at East Auburn.
  15. NP1232

Comment by 'NP1232' in media 'DInner Train @ Wilberton'

Considering that this was shot at 1:30 in the afternoon facing SE, I'm guessing this is about the best lighting I could hope for from this location. Anymore sunlight and I'm afraid the contrasting light would have made the shot worse. Could be wrong though. Keith

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back