Recent content by GoalieFergy53

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. G

New power on the way for Tacoma Rail

Driving home Friday night Unit #1212, now painted as Tacoma Rail #7002, was parked next to the entry gate of Progress Rail. Should be out roaming around Tacoma very soon! Question is, what purpose will these beasts be used for?
  2. G

New power on the way for Tacoma Rail

For the last few months a pair of EMD/Cat Demonstrator SD70ACe's (#2012 and another) have been parked at Progress Rail in Tacoma. Recently they moved, one unit was at the Tacoma Rail open house last weekend. Tonight coming home from work I saw the other unit. It has was parked outside in the...
  3. G

John Deere train in Seattle

I believe those ended up down at the Port of Tacoma. (Saw them in the Tacoma Rail yard on my way home from work yesterday).
  4. G

Tacoma Rail Heritage Caboose & Open House

First off, no picture. lol. Now that that's out of the way, I was driving home from work very early this morning (still dark, thus no picture) and saw sitting in the Tacoma Progress Rail yard Tacoma Rail's old Chehalis & Western caboose. They ditched the faded yellow paint for some vintage...
  5. G

Port of Tacoma Derailment

Another on the ground down at the Port today. This time it was a tank car on the ground and on its side just at the west end of Tacoma Rail's main yard. I'm guessing it was empty, as there was no spill containment going on and the crane had just arrived. I was headed to work so couldn't stick...
  6. G

Derailment on the Tehachapi Loop 5/20/13

My dad just called me as he was headed to Barstow and saw there's a derailment on the Loop. Anyone down that way able to go check it out?
  7. G

New 1/8th scale railroad in Skykomish, WA

Saw this and thought I'd pass the link along. http://www.king5.com/news/environment/Skykomish-gets-new-RR-on-track-206046321.html
  8. G

Port of Tacoma Derailment

As of 2pm PST today there was a derailment maybe 200 yards south of the Port of Tacoma South Intermodal Yard, just on the east side of the Lincoln Ave. Overpass. I only stopped briefly to snap a picture as there was a UP truck there and they were offloading machinery to deal with the situation...
  9. G

7x2 power through Tacoma

A northbound grain unit train just passed along Ruston Way (12:40 PST) with 7 head-end power and 2 rear DPU's. No pictures but thought I'd give a heads up to the power move.
  10. G

Mt. Rainer Scenic in Tacoma, 19-20 May 12

As I drove past Progress Rail today, the Milwaukee car that was being painted was out in the yard (wasn't able to get a picture.) Looks excellent!
  11. G

Coos Bay Rail Link to resume service soon in Oregon

I can chime in here on that. Last week In the Tacoma Rail yard there was a what looked to be freshly painted Coos Bay Rail Link SW-series (I think?) switcher #1203. I didn't have my camera on me, so wasn't able to snap a pic of it.
  12. G

Pacific Harbor Line spotted in Vancouver WA?

Depending on the direction it was going, it was either going to or from Progress Rail in Tacoma.
  13. G

Minor loaded coal train derailment in Auburn, WA?

My dad was just telling me that around Noon today he was driving through Auburn and saw 4 or so loaded coal cars off the rails (tipped at an angle, not laying on their sides) in the Auburn yard. The fire department was on the scene and had a couple of the road's lanes blocked. Anyone know...
  14. G

I Caught The SP4449 At...

Had a bit of luck strike me today. I had to run an errand in Fife today and as I was on 509 noticed #4449 was being moved to get in position for tonight's photo-op. I was able to get to the Milwaukee Way crossing to see it cross and the new 3-chime whistle sounded amazing!
  15. G

I Caught The SP4449 At...

I was down at the Old Town crossing to get video of it rolling by. As it about the point where your picture was taken, my camera decided to take a dump so wasn't able to film it. :-( I'm hoping to get video of it heading out of town on Sunday (though the weather isn't supposed to be as nearly as...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)