Recent content by CGW101c

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CGW101c

The Clergy and Railroads!?! An article from across the pond!

Very interesting Roger. I have long noted a connection with railroads by church organists also. And friend of mine left the clergy to pursue a career with the BN railroad.
  2. CGW101c

Where is the Omaha Posse?

The 500 is at Valley NE and a power transfer move westbound at East River Iowa. Came off the Napier Sub, from Kansas City probably
  3. CGW101c

Union Pacific sets all-time quarterly record for operating ratio

Would somebody explain operating ratio please? Price of Operating vs profit?
  4. CGW101c

3 from Saturday. Across the cornfield is the DPU's of a BNSF train west of Oreapolis. A view down a creek it just crossed 2 seconds before I stopped. And a UP train at 14th St in Omaha waiting to go west. The scrap steel gons and the front lead me to believe this is a train bound for Columbus...
  5. CGW101c

Southern 4501 and Southern 5000 on the Chickamauga Turn

One of the great engines of this new century. Thanks for sharing
  6. CGW101c

5828, 5869, 5872, 6017, 6022, 6075, 6078, 6111, 6163, & 6179 These are the numbers of the 10 25th anniversary BNSF units
  7. CGW101c

Pasco Mid-day, mid-week

Good Stuff. I love seeing places I haven't been to. Mountains in backround are a plus. Thanks
  8. CGW101c

A gray PNW kinda day in Nebraska finds UP 6664 crossing the Papio Creek just south of Bellevue NE. and a little farm pond in the hills south of Plattsmouth NE
  9. CGW101c

Pretty trees for a fall experience
  10. CGW101c

Then 1974 and now 2020 from today. Where the BNSF crosses 72nd St near Ralston NE. Newer is from north side older from south side
  11. CGW101c

Chasing some train(s) in Council Bluffs. One today KCS 4621 AC4400CW (prototype for an Athearn model) delivering grain cars and then moving over to the IAIS. And the captive 4-6-0 CB&Q 915 at the Railswest Museum.
  12. CGW101c

Took a ride to the east today. Heard Iowa Interstate on the scanner. Drove out to a place called Peter. This is where the Chicago Great Western and the Rock Island diverged after the 1952 cutoff to Atlantic was built. RI had trackage rights on the CGW. When the CGW was removed(along the road to...
  13. CGW101c

Another trip to Lincoln this time for lunch with my sons. On the way are some BNSF trains along Hwy 6, including the "Dynamic Tamping Express"
  14. CGW101c

My original thought was to go to Kennard to see what was happening. The scanner called a warrant for GTW 5931 out of Council Bluffs. Caught him just north of the Beno's crossing(named for a Council Bluffs Department store owner who lived near there, I think). Running on the adjacent track was a...
  15. CGW101c

The train with the BNSF 25th anniversary loco(see the "Heads UP" post) had about 6 locos on it. It stopped with some behind trees. Here are two in sight. I like them because of the low numbers.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)