Recent content by Bill Anderson

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Bill Anderson

Anyone know train schedule for Camden NJ, Norfolk Southern?

Here is a website which lists railroad radio frequencies. It is a little cumbersome as you have to scroll down a long list to find the railroad you want. http://www.whrc-wi.org/railfreqs.htm The more expensive scanners have a lot of channels to enter different frequencies, but you will...
  2. Bill Anderson

Abilene Kansas Action 2020

I like the old ALCo switcher.
  3. Bill Anderson

Latest Pics from DuplainvilleUSA

Same here. The Wisconsin Southern colors are the same as my alma mater, Washington State University. Go Cougs!
  4. Bill Anderson

Found old caboose

Welcome aboard. Is there a metal builders plate which might identify the builder or railroad? Otherwise, be sure to invite members to the campfire and remind them to bring their own ingredients for s'mores.
  5. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

Thanks. I enjoy your videos. Those diesel engines remind me of the old streamlined diesel engines used in the US when I was a kid back in the 50's. Those diesels were similarly run in matched sets.
  6. Bill Anderson

Return of the Photo Contest

There is a three way tie. We may have to have a second round for June or July.
  7. Bill Anderson

Out and about this past week

Humidity and crickets chirping in the background?
  8. Bill Anderson

Out and about this past week

The sun and clouds in the first two shots make for quite dramatic photos.
  9. Bill Anderson

Baltic states - videos

What is the wire running between two posts on the roofs of some of the locomotives? Antenna? The streamlined cars at the head of the second train remind me of when passenger trains in the US carried mail and express packages.
  10. Bill Anderson

A Few from Sunday.

Still waiting for a shot of CP 8888.
  11. Bill Anderson

A Few from Sunday.

Still hard for me to imagine all those Canadian units in America's Heartland.
  12. Bill Anderson

GG1

I found this video on You Tube of Pennsy GG1 4859 at the Harrisburg Transportation Center being moved. Footage of the GG1 starts about the 3:30 mark.
  13. Bill Anderson

Interstate Heritage trails on NS 45R

The Interstate heritage unit made it all the way out to Seattle a few years ago.
  14. Bill Anderson

GG1

I went to that link. Not a sight for the faint of heart.
  15. Bill Anderson

Some photos of my railfanning around the East Bay 2020

The hillsides are back to Golden State brown once again.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)