Recent content by Bill Anderson

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

1. Bill Anderson

Tornado caused derailment Jonesboro, Arkansas

What railroad was this? A few years back a tornado derailed a BNSF coal train. I think the incident was captured on video by an engine crewman and posted on You Tube.
  2. Bill Anderson

don´t get distracted

Looks like a staged PR video with a dummy, but the lesson is still there.
  3. Bill Anderson

BNSF's Beardstown Sub

How is the Covid-19 pandemic affecting your work?
  4. Bill Anderson

CSX sd40-3 and slugset

I assume the slug unit is 2288 without the fans on the roof.
  5. Bill Anderson

Enhanced Site Security - Now Upgraded to SSL

Still getting spammers, but I suppose that cannot be avoided.
  6. Bill Anderson

Officials: Engineer deliberately ran train off tracks in attempt to smash the USNS Mercy | abc7.com

I guess railroad personnel are not immune from succumbing to conspiracy theories.
  7. Bill Anderson

Enhanced Site Security - Now Upgraded to SSL

Logged in again, got the padllock, and everything is working. Good time to upgrade the website with everyone sheltering at home.
  8. Bill Anderson

real or fake ?

You would never post up a fake video. Steep grade. Note the several levels of track starting with the lowest level below the train that is visible at the beginning of the video.
  9. Bill Anderson

European steam locomotives

Thanks for the photos. They are all the more remarkable considering that I am old enough to remember when railfans were arrested and tossed in jail for photographing trains behind the Iron Curtain during the Cold War. Now those same countries have railparks.
  10. Bill Anderson

crash buffers safety test

Very slow speed and no crash test dummies in the cab.
  11. Bill Anderson

Amtrak: Updates To Service

No mention of the Empire Builder. Business as usual after the slide is cleared from MP 21?
  12. Bill Anderson

Sounder Trains between Seattle and Everett temporarily canceled due to Landslide

Correct, as I saw the same error in my local online newspaper.
  13. Bill Anderson

Sounder Trains between Seattle and Everett temporarily canceled due to Landslide

For the record, MIlepost 21 is north of Seattle, not North Seattle. It is north of MP 18, the milepost located below Sunset Ave. in Edmonds. This area, visible in my photos taken from Sunset Ave. or the beach at Brackett's Landing North and looking north, is prone to landslides during rainy...
  14. Bill Anderson

First SP&S engine

The SP&S colors were always a mystery to me when I was contemplating painting some of my HO model diesels. The "green" and "yellow" always looked different in each photo.
  15. Bill Anderson

BNSF's Beardstown Sub

Nice photo of the "snap track" crossing.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.