Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Pigs at Shibanxi
E

Pigs at Shibanxi

panicking swine
Everything in this image is perfect to me. I would love to hear more about the story/scene. Is that a farm you were at when waiting for the train? Is it a reknown railfan spot there in China or just a happy find?

Just a tourist narrow gauge railroad in the Sichuan area of China....the pigs just happened to be there when the train came and they bolted....these same pigs a few hours later were put on one of these trains and taken on down to the market....they didn't come back...........Thanks for looking and your comment.
Chris

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Memories of my times in China. The pigs bolting and people chasing them was not that unusual to see in the rural areas.[/FONT]

Media information

Category
Editors Choice Gallery
Added by
engine3420
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back