Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

NB empty coal
R

NB empty coal

BNSF NB empty coal train with 9753 in the lead is just coming out of the siding after meeting a SB CSX Stack train.
Sunday March 7, 2004
Canon 300D/28-135 IS at 70mm
TV Mode - ISO 100
First off, if I am not using a tripod,(I try using one more than ever) the IS goes 'on' - after I get home, I delete any that are NOT sharp or maybe shot too early. I use Adobe Photo Business additions (have Photoshop elements 2.0) - this other came with my HP scanner. I then re-size for the web - try to get them at about 225-248kb, add or take away a little brightness, contrast & saturation, then sharpen. I try NOT to add too much of anything. I also try & always keep the sun in the right place. Just practice & I am still learning - a LOT. That's about it. My 35mm slides are processed by A&I color in Hollywood - I would like to buy a dedicated film scanner someday as my slides go back to 1977.
Thanks for all of the kind words.

Great shot, and I agree with the comments about effective use of Photoshop. I assume the picture is from somewhere in Alabama or Mississippi, there's way too many trees for most states farther west!

To Dennis (& all). Thank you again for the nice comments on this shot.
Yes, it is in Mississippi - in fact it is located at Judge Siding, the first one East of Amory if you are headed to Birmingham. This is the West or North end of the siding. Makes me wonder what kind of results I would get if I had a Canon 'L' lens!

Media information

Category
Central and Midwestern United States
Added by
Railfire
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back