Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Milpitas, California
R

Milpitas, California

• Romet
Milpitas, home of Atari (remember Atari?) and UP action.

UP 1488 (SP GP40-2M nee PC GP40) switching the south end
UP 1355 (DRGW GP40-2) switching the north end
There was also a Northbound manifest, either working the yard or in the hole for us
(I was riding AMTRAK 532)
UP 5499-Y1228-5455 (two ES44ACs sandwiching an ex-SP SW1500)

I met two more Southbound roadswitchers before Oakland:
BNSF 2181-3156 (ex-BN GP38Xs, 2181 in H1 nee PC GP38, 3156 now a GP50L) at Oakland Airport with ~5 cars (trackage rights)
Later in the day, UPY 808 (MP GP38-2), running long hood forward with five boxcars out of Oakland.

PS. Note the crooked trackage next to the ES44AC. I don't believe tracks are actually bent there, it's just a visual effect. Shooting through a window at an angle while doing track speed. AMTRAK is fun! See lots of stuff like this.
C
Southern Pacific was the first roster that I saved.

Media information

Category
Union Pacific
Added by
Romet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back