Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

CP Rail transfer with 8415
CP Rail transfer to New Westminster with 8415 August 13, 1975
Nice shot!! Were you on a train or just on the bridge?

Nice shot, Ross. We seldom got to see the CP's fleet of Geeps here in SW Ontario.

I guess I should have given more information. (I uploaded it at work! heh heh!) I was standing on the bridge approach track that the BC Electric Railway (which became BC Hydro and now is Southern Railway of BC) uses to access the Fraser River bridge from the west. It is the same as the girder bridge in the photo that CN and BN uses from the east. The photo is not very sharp, the result of me useing the local One Hour Photo shop to scan my slides! The track in the foreground (with the strangely red rails!)was BN (ex GN). Notice the trestle has no guard rails. I have the going-away shot with the caboose; I'll post it if anybody wants it.

sure been a few changes to this scene in the past few years. Surprised no one kicked you off of the rail bridge. ;-)
Like to see the caboose shot.

R
How did this photo escape me?
See "cut-down" CP Geeps all the time, but the high-hoods are great!

Media information

Category
Canada
Added by
Ross Pugsley
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back