Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

BNSF  coal drag
hobo

BNSF coal drag

A northbound coal drag heading for Roberts Bank Wa.
Did you stop and wait around for the dogcatcher crew? My friend and I stopped at Howarth to catch the tail end of another train heading south, then we got to Everett to see the coal. The radio chatter was a dogcatcher crew was coming to replace the old one. Let me tell you, those new locos idle really nice!

Yes i did i frist caught it at Edmonds and the went to chase it for some diffrent angles got tied up in sat.traffic and missed it a Muk. so went to Everett and it was sitting on the low line at the paper mill so i sat there for about two hours and waited for the dog catch crew then took some photos there as it started out again then went to Bayside and took three more location shots there then the bridge at the Delta Jct. the light is always bad there so it was just a grab shot then of to Marysville,by then i was about out of good day light but still made a good mood shot at the bridge for the end of the day and chase photo. Thanks for asking and hope you also got some good shots hobo>

hobo,
I wish I got some good shots. I left my camera at home. I was so mad, and yet at the same time, I was glad that I finally got to see a coal train. My friend and I drove into the carpool area of Kimberly Clark and a security officer came and talked to us about being there. He was cool with us being there, but we left and took a look at some switching at Bayside and Delta, swung by the coal, and headed back to Mukilteo to catch the garbage train. We get about halfway back to Mukilteo when we hear the new crew talking to the disptacher. Too bad we missed the crew and you.

Media information

Category
Western United States
Added by
hobo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back