Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

Bay Bridge
CSX554 traveling westbound towards New Orleans, LA.
A nice little town on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Photographic train bridge and the pubs are just steps away. Not bad fishing either from the pier just north of this location. Nice shot. Very colorful consist.

After the wrath of Hurricane Katrina, this bridge is no more. The only thing that is left of the bridge is a couple of its pillars.

It's really sad, though CSX has already said they will rebuild the line after major cleanup by the cities of Biloxi, Gulfport, Longview and Pass Christian.

The CSX bridge over Biloxi's Back Bay is still there, though there was no rail nor ballast to be seen.

As time progresses and once I am able to get into the areas of the bridges I will have them here and/or on my website.

Nice shot, I worked as a conductor on the NO&M Sub from January of 1997, until late 1998 & I got a few shots of trains coming across the Bay St. Louis Bridge while I worked down there. I now work out of Birmingham, Al. to Montgomery & Nashville as an engineer.

Media information

Category
Bridges and Trestles
Added by
trainpixsnet
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back