Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Mississippi Central in Holly Spings

Mississippi Central in Holly Spings

Two Mississippi Central motors, the 1604 EMD GP-16 and the 910 (is this a GP-9?) sit in the small Mississippi Central Railroad yard in Holly Springs, MS.
  2. VIA 910 EAST

VIA 910 EAST

VIA 910 (P42DC) with train 72 readies for departure from Windsor (Walkerville) for the under 4 hour 225 mile trek to Toronto's Union Station. Looming in the background is Detroit Michigan's General Motors world headquarters. Slightly visible on the central tower is a giant wrap advertising the...
  3. CBNS 305

CBNS 305

I often saw CBNS 306 when I lived in Nova Scotia. 305 on the other hand ran later in the day, ussually when I ate dinner, so I didn't see him as much. This is one of the few days when I got lucky though. Note the loaded coal cars. The units were smoking hard, I had to move out of the way to...
  4. Clean n' Pristine

Clean n' Pristine

Sounder unit 910 sits in the sun before a Rascal Flatts concert at the Tacoma dome.
  5. CBNS in the marsh

CBNS in the marsh

Two LLPX GP38-2's (2269 & 2259) lead a trio of HATX SD45-2's (910, 907, 912) over the marsh. Do to heavy grades this is not uncommon, especially with 30+ cars.
  6. CBNS ore train

CBNS ore train

The empty cars are heading east as part of an empty coal/tanker train
  7. Antigonish landing

Antigonish landing

8. HATX vs. HATX

HATX vs. HATX

With three HATX SD45-2's in HATX paint running on the CBNS (910, 907 & 914) I was under the impression that they all look the same. I had to see them side by side to be proven wrong by myself.
  9. Power & Beauty

Power & Beauty

A CBNS E/B passes through town with: HATX 910 (SD45-2) LLPX 1508 (GP15-1) LLPX 1506 (GP15-1) LLPX 2259 (GP38-2) HATX 912 (SD45-2) Pulling a mixed freight of mostly empty coal hoppers.
  10. Odd meeting

Odd meeting

A CBNS E/B is met by a crew of city workers/contractors/RR workers (not sure which one) who were mowing the trackside grass! Needless to say they had to move. Note that the huge lash-up with 3 SD45-2's was lead by a GP15-1! One of the big boys, HATX 914 was recently released from the shops after...
  11. LLPX 2269 (GP38-2)

LLPX 2269 (GP38-2)

Probably one of the most common lesor units of all time - EMD Leasing/GATX/LLPX GP38-2. CBNS has two of them on lease and this is the cleaner one! Leading a HATX SD45-2 and 9 tankers. Note the waterbottles on the hood.
  12. On the curve

On the curve

HATX 910 & LLPX 2259 (SD45-2 & GP38-2) are entering a curve just outside of town.
  13. HATX 910 & LLPX 2259

HATX 910 & LLPX 2259

HATX 910 & LLPX 2259 (SD45-2 & GP38-2) lead a short train on the edge of town. The building with a pointy roof in the backround is the station. As you can see the track curves a lot.
  14. Sunset LLPX

Sunset LLPX

HATX 910 & LLPX 2259 (SD45-2 & GP38-2) lead a westbound into the setting sun.
  15. Into the sunset

Into the sunset

HATX 910 & LLPX 2259 (SD45-2 & GP38-2) lead a train of tankers, scrap gondolas and coal cars into the sunset. Do to a lack of daylight the train isn't always photographable at this time of day.
  16. HATX SD45-2

HATX SD45-2

When I first came to Antigonish I saw a trio of them, plus a grey Seaboard one on a train. That was quite a site that hasn't been matched since. These machines are often leading lash-ups of Geeps and the other 3 HATX SD45-2's, leased by CBNS. The horn sounds great too.
  17. VIA 92

VIA 92

VIA 92 running on its new schedule at Bayview while a foreman protecting the Rule 42 does a rollby.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back