Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. CP 105 meets CP 450

CP 105 meets CP 450

CEFX 1040 leading 105 passes by CP 9303 a SD90MAC-H II that is now retired. This photo was taken at Red Jacket Siding west of Moosomin Saskatchewan in March of 2008. Photo was taken with permission from the crew of 450.
  2. CP 9012 leading the way on a 450

CP 9012 leading the way on a 450

CP 9012 9120 5970 5980 and 3117 lead 450 at Rotave Sask.
  3. CP 450

CP 450

CP 450 which is just loaded with a nice mix of SD40-2s SD40-2Fs and a SD90/43mac lead a train towards the manitoba border.
  4. Gas Train

Gas Train

The 450 hauls all the Gasoline, Deisel, and other such petrolium from the north down to Chicago for exploitation.
  5. Reading and Northern Hoppers

Reading and Northern Hoppers

Reading and Northern coal hoppers are on the 450. Concidering where these are coming from, I wouldent be surprised if they were pulling Coke from Lloydminster. But the cars say 'Domestic coal service', so I guess it's not so.
  6. Old Times

Old Times

They don't make them like they used to. This guy is probably on his last run, being on the 450 to Chicago. SD40-2Ws are a rarity, now. With the 2516, this looks like a consist right out of the 1990s.
  7. Two's a crowd

Two's a crowd

The CN 450 beats me to the punch, and he has nothing to special on. However 2 Dash-9s are a nice change, as the 450 never has matching power.
  8. Fresh off the Warman sub

Fresh off the Warman sub

CN 450. He was already working his way to the bridge upon my arrival. Instead of working the yards, he came around he east leg of Chappel Junction and came right to me. No dobut about it, he is now routed over the Aberdeen sub north of town.
  9. Carlton 771

Carlton 771

When I heard chatter about 771 on the radio, I thought they meant the Symington coal was going into the yard eastbound. It was actually the CTRW 771- 2 GP10s and a CN Boxcar, coming off the Warman lead. Note the rear of CN 450, which was passing my person at the time, and was center of my...
  10. Heatwave distortion

Heatwave distortion

Happens to the best of us! Now that the CN 8800s are common as wheat out here, I can't say this train is 'special' or 'unusual'. But, the new power was just too cool. It's strange to see them on the 450.
  11. CP 450

CP 450

CP 450 EVEN NUMBER means a eastbound mixed freight
  12. Wildenrath Test track 1

Wildenrath Test track 1

Line up of power at the Siemens operated test track at Wildenrath, Germany on 4 March 2004. From left to right we see UK Class 450 sets nos. 450074 and 450096, Siemens Dispolock ME26-06 being tested prior to sale and German Railways Class 425 no. 425 581-6

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back