Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Amtrak 353 slows to 79 mph as it passes through Dowagiac

Amtrak 353 slows to 79 mph as it passes through Dowagiac

We tried to get a photo of the pusher on 353 we know there was one we could hear it but there was so much snow we couldn't see it.
  2. Amtrak 352  takes the siding in Dowagaic

Amtrak 352 takes the siding in Dowagaic

We needed our train fix for the new year so with no luck in Elkhart, IN we came home and got our first photos of the year Amtrak 352 and 353 both showed up in town 352 took the siding and 353 blasted through at 63,000 mph, well it seems that way. Snow 26 degrees you got to love it.
  3. Amtrak Wolverine 353 west @ Pine Jct

Amtrak Wolverine 353 west @ Pine Jct

Hard rain forced a shot out the window as 353 passes the signal at 499.
  4. Amtrak Cascades pulls into Niles with a light mist and heavy over cast 3/7/

Amtrak Cascades pulls into Niles with a light mist and heavy over cast 3/7/

5. Amtrak 353 pulls into Niles depot, sorry about it being so dark very over c

Amtrak 353 pulls into Niles depot, sorry about it being so dark very over c

This is the second time I was able to catch them using Cascades on this line.
  6. Amtrak 353 stops in Niles, MI with a Cascades as the lead unit

Amtrak 353 stops in Niles, MI with a Cascades as the lead unit

7. Cascades on one end and Amtrak 511 B32-8WH on the other very rare pair on t

Cascades on one end and Amtrak 511 B32-8WH on the other very rare pair on t

The red signal from the controlled siding can be seen reflecting off the side of 353 as it pulls out of Niles with Cascades in the lead and Amtrak's 511 pushing. It was worth standing in a light mist for this shot. You can see it crossing 5th street as it leaves.
  8. Amtrak 353 heads west as it pulls out of Niles

Amtrak 353 heads west as it pulls out of Niles

The red signal from the controlled siding can be seen reflecting off the side of 353 as it pulls out of Niles with Cascades in the lead and Amtrak's 511 pushing. It was worth standing in a light mist for this shot. You can see it crossing 5th street as it leaves.
  9. Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles Michigan

Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles Michigan

With a high of 54 in southwest Michigan I found myself track side 2/8/2009 looking for Amtrak 353
  10. Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles, Michigan

Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles, Michigan

With a high of 54 in southwest Michigan I found myself track side 2/8/2009 looking for Amtrak 353
  11. Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles, Michigan

Amtrak 353 Wolverine @ Portage Rd. Niles, Michigan

12. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

A rare visit to Michigan from Amtrack's Cascades 90230 NPCU unit
  13. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

A rare visit to Michigan from Amtrack's Cascades 90230 NPCU unit
  14. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

A rare visit to Michigan from Amtrack's Cascades 90230 NPCU unit.
  15. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

16. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

A rare visit to Michigan from Amtrack's Cascades 90230 NPCU unit trails this GE P42DC.
  17. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

18. Cascades in Michigan

Cascades in Michigan

A rare visit to Michigan from Amtrack's Cascades 90230 NPCU unit. Amtrak 353 passes 364.
  19. Amtrak 353 Ogde Dunes, IN

Amtrak 353 Ogde Dunes, IN

20. B-1-G and Amtrak 353 in Dowagiac, MI

B-1-G and Amtrak 353 in Dowagiac, MI

B-1-G waits on the controlled siding in Dowagiac, MI as Amtrak 353 passes heading west to Chicago

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back