Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

You can get them in non-side zip, straight lace up. You can get them in 6 inch and 8 inch models The sole is a Vibram, and when pressure is applied the heel becomes "defined"
  2. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

Again, I'm not affiliated with LAPG, they just have the best price on my boots. here's a link. http://www.lapolicegear.com/codetabo.html
  3. Tower 55

What Boots Do You Wear?

I dont work for the railroad, except when I was asked for pictures by a certain one. I wear Converse 9-inch Desert Pursuit boots with the steel reinforced Kevlar toe, shank, and heal. Mine are also side-zipper. I like them because they are very lightweight, they exceed OSHA/ANSI standards...
  4. Tower 55

MTA Officers Detain Man For Taking Photos at Station

Actually, there is. ID is not something that can be demanded for just any reason. There is something called "reasonable suspicion", then there is "probable cause". Photographing, were legal, doesnt meet either one. Therefore it is absolutely unconstitutional to request identification for...
  5. Tower 55

Its actually been their opinion more than a ruling during a case, which is why a case never makes it to them. Most of the cases make it past trial, if there is reason for appeal, make it to appellate courts which use the SCOTUS's long held beliefs on the matter. There is one case that may get...
  6. Tower 55

Those security guards are mouth breathing morons. If it can be photographed from public, it can be photographed. The SCOTUS's recent rulings on this were crystal clear. Sensitive areas be damned.
  7. Tower 55

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are not open for interpretation. They never have and as long as we live in a free society, they never will. There are no limits to freedom of speech. The man who wrote The Constitution and the Bill of Rights did indeed know that the government would try...
  8. Tower 55

I wouldnt, and I have more than a few friends that are cops. As a cop you take an oath, one thing in the oath is to defend The Constitution. It doesnt mean you get to interpret it. I know there a metric shit-ton amount of laws out there, and I dont expect a cop to know them all, but I do...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back