Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. twforeman

Some Enjoyable Reading

Thanks for sharing this. I started reading it today and it's quite entertaining. Please share any more you come across.
  2. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Finally, the last one from 1945. And then a Great Northern ad from 1962.
  3. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Shipping via GN to the Pacific NW and California and then via ship to the East Indies. That makes sense to me.
  4. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Here's another GN/Glacier Park ad from 1956 And one from 1957
  5. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Here's one for the NYC railroad from 1945 And another Great Northern from 1946
  6. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Here's a GM EMD ad from 1945. And an ad from the Pullman company from the same year.
  7. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Here's one for Budd manufacturing. They built many rail cars. 1955. And another GN ad from 1946.
  8. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Just to mix it up a bit here are a couple from 1945 - the first from The Milwaukee Road. And then one from the Santa Fe.
  9. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

In the mean time, here's a GN ad from 1943. And a post-war GN ad from 1946.
  10. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

I have a bunch of the Great Northern Historical Society calendars, but no vintage ones yet. I do have a set of the Great Northern Winold Reiss indian prints somewhere, I'll see if I can dig those up too.
  11. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

Here is a pair from 1965 that are pretty neat.
  12. twforeman

Vintage Railroad Ads

I've been collecting railroad ads for a little bit now and I'm going to post my vintage railroad ads in a thread here. I have a good handful, so I probably won't post them all at once. Most will be Great Northern, but I have a few that are other roads. You can click on them to see larger...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back