Search results

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. PRR GG1

Comment by 'PRR GG1' in media 'UP 5514 C45ACCTE'

they look almost identical.
  2. PRR GG1

Comment by 'PRR GG1' in media 'UP 5514 C45ACCTE'

What is the difference between this and the GE es44ac?
  3. PRR GG1

Essay I wrote about the GG1

thx for the feedback, Ill look into it.
  4. PRR GG1

Comment by 'PRR GG1' in media 'NS 9942 9-44CW'

just to clarify, is that a dash 9?
  5. PRR GG1

Essay I wrote about the GG1

This here is a essay I wrote (with a little help from Grammarly) about General Electric's GG1. Once you are done reading, please comment what your thoughts are regarding the essay. The only reason the text is bigger is because I copied and pasted from the Google doc I used to write it. The...
  6. PRR GG1

Train Derailment Detection System or axle bearing overheat detection system

If you had the parts you needed to build one, how long do you thing it will take? (if everything goes accordingly)
  7. PRR GG1

Well, since you live on the east coast like me, I would highly recommend reaching out to SteamTown National Historic Site in Scranton Pa. I have been here a quite a few times. They have an active locomotive repair shop inside their roundhouse. I'm sure you will be able to find the parts you...
  8. PRR GG1

Am I the only GG1 fan?

Poll, if you want to answer. It. would be appreciated
  9. PRR GG1

Would you like me to spead the word about this idea? I would be happy to assist you online.
  10. PRR GG1

1. Interesting, where did you get all this experience? Seems like you really know what you are talking about. 2. Would this device be used on locos or rolling stock, or both? 3. How would the system be wired to the cab of the locomotive if this device would be on any rolling stock? 4. How...
  11. PRR GG1

Do you think that it would be possible to build a prototype?
  12. PRR GG1

Im not doubting you, but how can we tell that your invention (that I thing is pretty cool) will actually be used on modern day locomotives?

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back