Recent content by Trackside

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Passing through Mormon Rocks'

You know I could tell by looking at the thumbnail with the composition and rich colors that this was a KenSz original. Very nice Ken!
  2. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'La Grange'

Damn Nice shot! I wish I had one like this in my collection! Sure would have been a kick to be the crew on that train!
  3. Z-Train at Winton Washington

Z-Train at Winton Washington

The morning westbound Z-Train taken from the school house crossing in Winton.
  4. A Walk in the Park

A Walk in the Park

One of those moments where I knew I had a train coming in each direction and I had to choose which one to shoot. I also knew there was a SD75I leading stack train so I decided to shoot that. Next thing I knew a rolling meet took place right in the frame. Got to love it when you luck out...
  5. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Stampede Pass'

WOW if that doesn't show just how deep it was last year. How crazy, thanks for posting this.
  6. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'BRSR pauses between trips'

litz, Sorry but your image shows an upload date of November 1st. In order to be eligible the image must be uploaded by the end of October.
  7. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Weyerhaeuser Woods Train at the Longview Mill'

Zach, hey I missed this the first time through, but there are no leaves on the trees and this is the September Assignment. The assignment entries must be taken the same month. So this March picture isn't going to work. You still have time to load another. Sorry.
  8. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Tehachapi Work Train'

Thanks for uploading a larger version - Good Luck!!
  9. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Tehachapi Work Train'

Hey SP, sorry I know most of your images are scanned in at a smaller size, but you'll need to upload a larger version to make the minimum 800x600 requirement. Let me know if you need some help, there might be something I can do to enlarge it.
  10. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Canadian_Pacific'

Don't forget, entries for the August Assignment must be taken in August.
  11. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Tehachapi Tunnels'

Watch your image size, it's falling below the 800 X 600 minimum. Thanks!
  12. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Color at the tunnel Berne Wa.'

Watch your image size, it's getting on the light side to be acceptable for the contest although 777 X 555 sounds lucky : ) Should be able to make this work, but don't forget 800 X 600 is the minimum.
  13. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'SSEALPC Eastbound at Chester, MT'

Beautiful landscape you caught there!
  14. Trackside

Comment by 'Trackside' in media 'Mullan Tunnel'

Interesting shot. I've never seen a through shot before, and if you didn't spec the length of the tunnel I would have thought it to be far less than 3,900 feet.
  15. Nason Creek Viaduct

Nason Creek Viaduct

Part of a line change, the GN dug a short tunnel through a mountainside and built a high bridge across Nason Creek creating the Nason Creek Viaduct.

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back