Recent content by thehighwayman

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. T

Audio tapes to digital

I recently picked up a USB tape to mp3 converter for approx $40.00 Canadian. I checked online and Amazon carries it: http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AHype%20USB%20Tape%20to%20MP3%20Converter&page=1 Will MacKenzie Flamborough, ON
  2. T

The best website for railfans

this one is okay ... the best is trainorders.com but it is not free
  3. T

Canadian Federal Government Ponders Selling Part of Via Rail

Not so fast! Late item from Canadian Press (via Hamilton Spectator website): No plans to sell Via Rail, Ottawa says The federal government is denying a published report that it is thinking about selling Via Rail. A spokesman for Transport Minister Denis Lebel says privatizing the...
  4. T

Burned out

I haven't really lost interest, but I have only been out once in the last three or four years. Sometimes it is a matter of too many other things getting in the way. In my case, I retired a year ago and now have so many projects on the go around home that I keep myself busier than when I was...
  5. T

Searching for childhood memories

You might also want to post this type of message on the Yahoo 4L group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/4L/ The Loyal Legion of Logged-on Loggers. Will
  6. T

King5 Discussing BNSF coal trains in Washington @ 11:30pm

I thought it was well worth watching! Even though television usually cannot go into much depth in a story, they did a fairly credible job on this, presenting both sides of the discussion quite well. If you have any interest in this topic, even if you are not in Washington State, it is well...
  7. T

Loram Rail Grinder June 11 2011

great stuff! First time I have seen video footage of a railgrinder in action! Thanks for posting! Will

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)