Recent content by thaddeusthudpucker

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. thaddeusthudpucker

Seattle Sub - UP Trackage rights question

Later it was certainly used to be able to run around an Olympian Hiawatha by a Bipolar, but as far as I know the original intent was to head north.
  2. thaddeusthudpucker

Also, the very southern bit of the Seattle Transit Tunnel actually started out as a rail tunnel for UP and MILW to head north, Milwaukee of course already having assets up around Belingham and Everett, as well as on the Olympic Peninsula that were only accessible by rail barge. I actually find...
  3. thaddeusthudpucker

What you saw over Stevens Pass was most likely a consist of UP units that BNSF is using to power a BNSF train. UP does not have trackage rights over Stevens Pass. UP does however have trackage rights from Portland to Tacoma on the BNSF, an arrangement that goes back to the NP/GN days. Between...
  4. thaddeusthudpucker

Union Pacific Railroad Unveils Experimental Locomotive to Test Emissions-Reduction Te

It is a headache, I know firsthand. I changed careers and the truck I was assigned kept throwing codes about the stupid DPF...
  5. thaddeusthudpucker

Strange things the Google van picks up.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=35.409121,-105.975704&spn=0.001898,0.004109&sll=35.409637,-105.976347&sspn=0.003721,0.008256&vpsrc=0&t=h&layer=c&cbll=35.409636,-105.976348&panoid=2bZB53KvhQJ4Q7FuJXt0rQ&cbp=12,225.77,,1,14.99&z=18 I also once saw the Google van involved in an accident on...
  6. thaddeusthudpucker

Monte Holm locomotive movement

This is awesome! I remember seeing the locomotive in Moses Lake as a little kid and always wondered about it... And when I was in Alaska I saw a book about the exploits of locomotive number 557... I had no idea that these were one and the same until now.
  7. thaddeusthudpucker

NREX 1101 on the move

Wow those are some shiny wheels. Glad to see you made it outside, April! Sometimes you just need a break.
  8. thaddeusthudpucker

C&O boiler explosion details?

I see no link , but am interested in more about this...
  9. thaddeusthudpucker

BNSF rail thru Longview, Wa

I hear it's all going to China. Those kids must be ROTTEN.
  10. thaddeusthudpucker

BNSF rail thru Longview, Wa

NRPC Passenger: Southbound 501 - 0952 11 - 1229 513 - 1347 507 - 1642 509 - 1952 Northbound 500 - 0920 506 - 1305 516 - 1540 14 - 1714 508 - 1905
  11. thaddeusthudpucker

Southern Pacific "N" gauge?

Take them to your local hobby shop and they can set you up there. Look in the yellow pages under "Hobby"
  12. thaddeusthudpucker

F40PH Preservation Society News

If you actually manage this, it will prove that anyone can do anything in America. Of course, I personally don't think it's likely.
  13. thaddeusthudpucker

Will the EMD SD40-2, SD50 & SD60 meet the Tier 4 emissions requirements in 2015?

They don't need to, unless I am much mistaken. As previously manufactured equipment, they do not fall under the auspices of the EPA Tier 4 emissions requirements. If a locomotive has been remanufactured, then it would have to meet the EPA requirements. Any new locomotives manufactured by EMD...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)