Recent content by swcup

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. S

Northwest Spokane: street industrial tracks history/photos?

I happened to run across a link that shows a picture of the SLS&E bridge across the Spokane River, as well as a map giving the location. http://bridgehunter.com/wa/spokane/bh69596/
  2. S

Here is a link to a 1890's map that shows the route of the SLS&E after crossing the Spokane River. I've actually located some of this grade on the southwest edge of the Finch Arboretum. Later on, parts of this route were used for the Interurban to Medical Lake...
  3. S

I have been able to gather some more information on the lines in NW Spokane. The original railroad company that built from the north side of the river out to Fort Wright bridge and beyond was the Seattle, Lake Shore & Eastern. The track continued from the end of track at Chestnut and Spofford...

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back