Recent content by steam4449

Railroadforums.com is a free online Railroad Discussion Forum and Railroad Photo Gallery for railroaders, railfans, model railroaders and anyone else who is interested in railroads. We cover a wide variety of topics, including freight trains, passenger and commuter railroads, rail news and information, tourist railroads, railway museums and railroad history.

1. steam4449

The Big Move Out Of Brooklyn

Here is my video covering the move of all the equipment from Brooklyn to the new engine site. I tried to cover as much as I could, while maintain the 15 minute YouTube limit. Hopefully, everyone who has spent many hours either working on, or watching, these locomotives will enjoy this :)...
  2. steam4449

I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD! (Union Pacific Edition)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iORsbi_MAsM :)
  3. steam4449

Pacing Amtrak (Including AMTK 184) and UP between Oregon City and Canby

Hey all! Haven't been on RRF in a LLOOOOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG time, so I have a feeling that I have some catching up to do :p I wanted to start of my return with posting some cool new pacing footage I captured between Oregon City and Canby. My shots from the 2nd. Amtrak 11 doing about 60 mph...
  4. steam4449

Tillamook Bay

During our visit to the OCSR yesterday, we visted the POTB yard and captured some stuff on video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecjnlmewuqo It was a sad sight to see what was over there...
  5. steam4449

MRL locos heading to the scrapper

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1HyMjrR7LU A little video my buddies and I made about this incident.
  6. steam4449

P&W Cornelius Pass and Astoria operations?

Dunno if this helps you, BN Oly. But here are the videos to my PNWR Harbor Turn chase from May of 2009. It'll show you the route. Part 1 [Beaverton (Farmington Rd.) to Hillsboro (Susbauer Rd.)] -tp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzDGhOHlsO0 Part 2 [Vadis (Dersham Rd.)] -...
  7. steam4449

Correct, the Bendmeer district is no longer in service, or even together for that matter :P The Harbor Turn starts off at Banks, and runs along the Tillamook District (through Beaverton, Hillsboro), to Banks. Then at Banks, the power runs around the train, and pulls from the other side and...
  8. steam4449

I've become extremely lost on the current status on the Astoria line, but the Cornelius Pass (United District) is still in use. The PNWR's Harbor Turn runs through the pass twice a day, depending their schedule. Last I saw, the power was PNWR 3051 and PNWR 3005. I'm finding myself curious for...
  9. steam4449

Give me noise!!

*PORCUPINE TREE* Alberta Cross Arcade Fire Aynsley Lister Black Country Communion Blackfield Clutch The Cult The Decemberists Earthtone9 Girl Talk Joe Bonamassa King's X LCD Soundsystem Lordi NoFX Opeth Pavement Portishead Queens of the Stone Age Rhino Bucket Rory Gallagher...
  10. steam4449

Comment by 'steam4449' in media 'Black Widow Through Lake Oswego'

Nice catch! I wanted to see her leave Brooklyn on the Hauler as well, but I was too busy. Atleast someone caught her!
  11. steam4449

Comment by 'steam4449' in media 'Oregon Coast Explorer dinner train'

274 was actually borrowed from Doyle McCormack to the POTB because they're Heisler steam loco is out of service for a little bit.
  12. steam4449

Comment by 'steam4449' in media 'UP 1996 @ Brooklyn Yard'

I really love 1996. I need to catch 1996 in the daylight though. I've only seen it at night, http://steam4449.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=19915
  13. SP 1785

SP 1785

SP 1785 gets ready for Christmas
  14. SP&S 700

SP&S 700

The festive 700 sits at the Oaks Park Station

RailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)